We have an exciting opportunity has arisen for an endoscopy nurse to join our team at the Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre.
With an excellent reputation The Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre has been delivering high quality care to NHS patients in Somerset for 12 years. The hospital has been assessed as top of the national PROMS table from patients having had knee replacements and eighth nationally for hip replacements. It was also recently rated ‘Outstanding’ by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) in a newly published inspection report - putting the it at the very top of the regulator’s quality ratings across England.
We offer a range of treatments across a number of specialities including general surgery, orthopaedics, endoscopy, gastroenterology. gynaecology, urology, ENT and ophthalmology. We also provide diagnostic imaging and pain management services.
As an Endoscopy Nurse at Shepton Mallet, you will be expected to actively participate in and maintain the highest standard of care and safety for patients, visitors and staff in the Endoscopy department.
Key duties will include:
• Maintaining accurate clinical observation of the patient’s clinical condition
• Assisting in ensuring that the department is at all times clean and organised with sufficient supplies and equipment which are correctly cleaned, in working order and correctly stored
• Being competent in all aspects of Endoscopy technique and procedures
• Monitoring endoscopy procedures with regards to checking of instruments and equipment
• Running endoscopy lists both efficiently and competently following policies and procedures
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role you will have:
• Recent clinical experience in endoscopy
• NMC registered Nurse
• Specialist endoscopy training e.g. ENB A87/N81/DO3 or equivalent
Care UK has been awarded an 8 year contract, in partnership with Somerset Partnership NHS Trust, to develop and manage the health and wellbeing campus at Shepton Mallet. This is an exciting venture, one which will give an opportunity to progress innovative ways of providing healthcare in line with the NHS Five Year Forward View’s vision of bringing care closer to home. The prospect for individuals working with us in this dynamic leading-edge environment will give professional healthcare practitioners a chance to drive improvements in local healthcare provision
For more information about Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre please visit http://www.sheptonmallettreatmentcentre.nhs.uk/
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a DBS check.
At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities.