We are currently sourcing for a Deputy Ward Manager to join us. Our Ward Department is one of the more challenging but most rewarding places to work. We firmly believe that every one of us makes a difference and the work we do directly affects the patient’s experience.
The post holder will assist the Ward Manager to ensure the effective management of the ward, to cover the department and ensure effective day to day running.
Care UK Treatment Centres are patient focused and work closely with local CCGs and NHS Trusts to reduce waiting times. Several of our Treatment Centres are rated Outstanding by CQC. Our unfaltering dedication to quality is something we are very proud of; we constantly strive to do things better for our patients. This ethos has led to innovative, evidence based developments to our procedures and ongoing improvements to the patient experience.
Shift Pattern - 37.5 hours over 4 - 5 days per week including Saturdays.
In return for your hard work you will receive…
• A competitive package including an annual salary of up to £35,802 pro rata dependent on experience, contributory pension scheme, 25 days annual leave per annum plus Bank Holidays
• CPD and revalidation support
• Clinical Development and Training Opportunities. We could even give you the opportunity to develop into a specialist role of your interest
• Care UK Perks including Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme and retail discounts
Quality Customer Care
Assist in managing the ward to meet the requirements of quality patient care, ensuring that all activities carried out comply with relevant legislation and Company policies and procedures.
Ensure that all patient treatments meet individual patient needs, reflect good practice and are provided by means of appropriate equipment.
Enable patients to make informed decisions about their treatment and general welfare,
Establish and maintain effective overall patient record keeping which includes stock costing.
Maintaining cleanliness and hygiene of the complex, adhering to infection control policies and procedures, as well as safety policies and procedures
Familiarise yourself and adhering to all contractual KPI’s pertaining to your department
Be prepared to, or already have completed ALS training.
With training be able to cover Unit Lead if required.
Assist in managing the ward budget, including control and maintenance of equipment, request of Capex, asset verification, stock control in co-operation with clinical supplies and control of staff costs.
Co-ordinating ward activities with all other hospital departments to ensure optimal co-operation.
Co-ordinating and supervising monthly stock counts.
• To take an active role in maintaining effective communication with all disciplines within a multi-disciplinary setting.
• Effectively communicate with all levels of staff throughout the treatment centre on a daily basis, including surgeons, anaesthetists, TSSU and wards.
• To attend department and treatment centre staff meetings as and when required.
• Attend the monthly clinical governance meetings.
Education, Research and Audit Responsibilities
• To participate in the staff appraisal process.
• To maintain personal professional development and clinical knowledge and skills.
• To be aware of current advances in clinical care and to develop research awareness in self and others in order to improve the clinical environment.
• To participate in the supervising and teaching of other staff in the department.
• To contribute to developing the clinical learning environment in the department.
• To supervise and undertake the Clinical Practice audits.
Assist in managing nursing staff to ensure adequate and cost effective staffing, maintaining excellent working relationships, and managing of staff performance.
Maximise workload of all staff efficiently and effectively but not compromising quality.
Continuously striving to enhance excellent, professional working relationships amongst all staff, doctors and the management team.
Deputise for the Ward Manager in their absence.
Participating in change and development projects that affect the hospital.
Skills & Experience
• Ability to show competency and demonstrate experience at Senior Level
• Knowledge of developing new ways of working
• Experience of working in the independent sector
• Experience in workforce planning and rostering
• Ability to work independently and to lead a team
• Ability to handle multi faceted problems in a busy fast moving environment
• Ability to implement change
• Excellent communication skills at all levels, verbally and in writing
• Commitment to teaching / development
• A reflective approach to own work and work of others
• Evidence of involvement in the development of protocols and clinical audit
• Registered Nurse Level 1/ Operating Department Practitioner
• Delivers patient care in line with company policies and protocols
• should be prepared to complete ALS training.
• Evidence of Personal Development
• Degree Educated
If you are shortlisted for interview, you will be contacted by the Internal Recruiter for the role who will arrange a mutually agreeable time for you to attend for an interview. If you have any questions regarding the role please contact email@example.com or call 01189 521 951.
Please note Care UK retain the right to remove the advert prior to the closing date if a suitable candidate is appointed. Offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory pre-employment checks. At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities. Applicants must have the right to work in the EU.