We are currently sourcing for a Deputy Day Surgery and Endoscopy Manager to join our Peninsula NHS Treatment Centre. The Day Surgery Department is one of the more challenging but most rewarding places to work. We firmly believe that every one of us makes a difference and the work we do directly affects the patient’s experience.
The post holder is responsible for delivering a high standard of patient care supported by evidence based practice as well as ensuring that nursing is practised within the constraints of and guided by all relevant Department of Health Legislation.
Care UK Treatment Centres are patient focused and work closely with local CCGs and NHS Trusts to reduce waiting times. Several of our Treatment Centres are rated Outstanding by CQC. Our unfaltering dedication to quality is something we are very proud of; we constantly strive to do things better for our patients. This ethos has led to innovative, evidence based developments to our procedures and ongoing improvements to the patient experience.
Shift Pattern - Full Time, 37.5 hours a week.
In return for your hard work you will receive…
• A competitive package including a salary of up to £32,000 per annum dependent on experience
• Contributory pension scheme
• 25 days annual leave per annum plus Bank Holidays
• CPD and revalidation support
• Clinical Development and Training Opportunities. We could even give you the opportunity to develop into a specialist role of your interest
• Care UK Perks including Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme and retail discounts
Day Surgery and Endoscopy Manager
• To act as Clinical Lead for all Registered Nurses on the ward supporting and working with the Day surgery and Endoscopy manager.
• To collaborate with the Day surgery and Endoscopy manager in ensuring staff are assessed and found competent in all Clinical practices.
• To formulate and deliver a collaborative programme of patient care which is clinically effective, evidence based and appropriate.
• To deliver high quality patient-focused care through the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of care.
• To review and develop, policies, procedures and protocols within the Day surgery environment.
• To support the department in the achievement of all clinical governance requirements and participate in audit reviews.
• To attend Clinical Governance meetings in the absence of the Day surgery and Endoscopy manager.
• Managing the Ward to ensure co-ordination and delivery of all work activities with area of responsibility during that time.
• To undertake competency assessment of junior/support staff.
• To supervise and support junior/support staff in the delivery of care, providing education, training and mentorship to meet developmental needs.
• Review Datix incidents weekly to ensure action plans are devised to improve patient outcomes.
• Participate as a key member of the hospital management team including devising and participating in the on call rota
Skills & Experience
• Extensive post registration surgical experience in a variety of surgical specialties.
• Ability to maintain and enhance effective working relationships
• Ability to plan, allocate and evaluate own work and develop self to enhance performance
• Ability to manage a team and plan their work effectively
• Ability to teach/train nursing staff
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• Ability to monitor and control resources
• Excellent time management skills
• Is familiar with the company Safety and Infection control policy and procedures
• NMC Registered Nurse Part 1 Evidence of continuing professional development.
• A qualification in teaching and assessment.
• Immediate Life support (ILS)
• Evidence of continuing professional development
If you are shortlisted for interview, you will be contacted by the Internal Recruiter for the role who will arrange a mutually agreeable time for you to attend for an interview. If you have any questions regarding the role please contact email@example.com or call 01189 521 951.
Please note Care UK retain the right to remove the advert prior to the closing date if a suitable candidate is appointed. Offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory pre-employment checks. At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities. Applicants must have the right to work in the EU.