We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Registered Nurse to join our dedicated team at Peninsula NHS Treatment Centre in Plymouth as a Deputy Ward Manager.
Achieving an "outstanding" rating from the Care Quality Commission (CQC), the treatment centre is the first independent sector treatment centre to achieve this and are in the top three per cent of hospitals in the country to receive this rating.
Peninsula NHS Treatment Centre offers high quality elective surgery for the local populations of Devon and Cornwall, specialising in hip and knee joint replacements, shoulder repair, hand and elbow surgery, foot surgery and minor orthopaedic procedures. We also deliver Ophthalmology and General surgery.
Not only are our facilities state-of-the-art, with us, you will be able to focus on what really matters; delivering a high standard of patient care. You will also be able to benefit from our fully supported training programmes, on site café and free parking.
Relocation packages available.
Day Surgery and Endoscopy Manager
As Deputy Day Surgery and Endoscopy Manager you will be expected to deliver high quality, patient focused care through the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of care.
Key duties will include:
• Acting as Clinical Lead for all Registered Nurses on the ward, supporting and working with the Day surgery and Endoscopy manager
• Collaborating with the Day Surgery and Endoscopy Manager to ensure staff are assessed and found competent in all clinical practices
• Managing the ward to ensure co-ordination and delivery of all work activities with area of responsibility during that time
• Undertaking competency assessment of junior/support staff
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role, you will have:
• Extensive post registration surgical experience in a variety of surgical specialities
• Experience in a Day Surgery Unit will be an advantage
• Nurse management experience
• NMC Registered Nurse Part 1
• A qualification in teaching and assessment
• Immediate Life support (ILS)
For more information about the centre, please visit http://www.peninsulatreatmentcentre.nhs.uk/
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a DBS check.
At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities.