A new opportunity has arisen for a Registered Nurse to join our fantastic team at St Mary's NHS Treatment Centre based in Portsmouth.
We are a growing business and everything we do is about putting people first, whether that be delivering exceptional care and support for our clients, or providing growth and development opportunities for our teams.
St Mary's Treatment Centre on Milton Road was purpose built in 2005 and the facility provides treatment to all attending NHS patients.
Theatre and Day Surgery Unit Manager
• The Nurse delivers patient focussed care which includes; assessment, planning, delivery and evaluation of care in line with Care UK’s model of care. This requires the position to have highly developed acute nursing and technical skills pertinent to the specialist area
• Participates in a rotation throughout all of the day surgery areas of pre-assessment, pre and post op, endoscopy and theatres. Follows current shift patterns and the annualised hour’s system adopted by the unit
• Is aware of the applicable National Minimum Standards in relation to the Healthcare Commission’s annual inspection. This includes knowledge of specific departmental policies
• Plays an active role in adhering to the outcomes and action plans for Clinical and Non-Clinical Risk Assessments for Patient Care and the Environment
• To maintain standards of infection control within the ward and during clinical care and to assist patients to maintain their own infection control needs
Skills & Experience
• Experience as a registered Nurse and ideally some experience of the Independent Sector
• Broad range of competencies matched to job description and specification illustrated in CV
• RN (Level 1), BSc / Diploma or other relevant Post Graduate Qualification or a Portfolio demonstrating relevant experience
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory pre-employment checks.
At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities.
Applicants must have the right to work in the EU.