We have a fantastic opportunity for a Registered Nurse to join our multidisciplinary team at Devizes NHS Treatment Centre.
At Devizes, we only treat NHS patients and we’re focused on providing the best possible, personalised care to the people of Devizes and the surrounding area. We believe in treating you as quickly as possible – helping you to get better, faster.
We offer day treatments across the following areas:
dental surgery, ear, nose and throat procedures, endoscopy, general surgery, gynaecology, joint replacements (outpatient assessment only), minor orthopaedic surgery, ophthalmology, and urology. In addition we provide diagnostic services, using the latest MRI, ultrasound and CT scan technology, arranged with local providers.
As a Registered Nurse, you will provide clinical care working closely with all disciplines to ensure the promotion of high standards for all patients requiring all aspects of preoperative, perioperative and postoperative care, following appropriate training encompassing a variety of specialities ensuring patients are appropriately monitored and cared for pre and following their surgery and ensure patients are fit and discharged from the unit appropriately
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role you will have:
• Extensive experience within an acute environment with recent experience in the recovery of patients following surgery
• Previous experience in pre-assessment
• A good understanding of Infection Control and Health and Safety issues relating to theatre
• Competence in caring for patients in recovery
• Knowledge of when need to refer to anaesthetist
• NMC registered Level 1 Nurse
• ENB 176/183 or equivalent post operative surgical care experience
• ILS training
Please note that this is a part time role working 30 hours per week.
For more information about the centre please visit http://www.devizestreatmentcentre.nhs.uk/.
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a DBS check.
At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities.
Applicants must have the right to work in the EU.