Are you passionate about delivering better healthcare to patients? Do you want to be part of an innovative service?
Then working at Practice Plus may be the job for you.
Care UK is providing a new model of care for general practice called Practice Plus. Practice Plus is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year to respond to people’s healthcare needs.
Working with a leading Pharmacy Partner, Practice Plus provides an enhanced general practice service to NHS patients through the use of technology, remote care and local clinical services delivered from our Pharmacy Partner sites.
This new way of delivering general practice makes it easier for registered patients to access Primary Healthcare Services, therefore optimising patient experience and service quality whilst also driving improvements in the way that the NHS delivers care
About the Job
Practice Plus is looking for a registered Nurse or Paramedic to join the service as a Clinical Advisor, working on a permanent, full time basis, up to 37.5 hours per week. The hours are initially going to be Monday – Friday, between 8am – 8pm, although this may be subject to change as the service develops.
The job will be based at our call centre in Brierley Hill however as Practice Plus is a national service, the job will require travelling between our other sites throughout England.
As a Clinical Advisor, you’ll be responsible for:
• Acting as the Safeguarding Lead for the service
• Providing safe and effective telephone advice, health assessment and information to registered patients
• Helping and supporting the Healthcare Advisors when necessary
• Working and delivering on quality call listening and other audits as part of the Practice Plus schedule
What can we offer you?
• £32,760 per annum
• Company Pension
• Indemnity cover
• 25 days annual leave + 8 public holidays
• Varied, interesting and challenging work
• A chance to make a difference to the way healthcare is delivered throughout the UK.
• Cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers and online discounts
How will we support you?
• Regional and National Leadership development opportunities
• Our bespoke Learning Management System to address your learning needs
• Support from the wider team, should you need it.
What we'll need from you
• Be a registered Nurse/Paramedic with valid pin number
• Experienced in working in more than one environment, such as;
o Assessing patients in Primary Care
o Working with children/infants
o A&E or Medical/Surgical Assessment Unit
o Assessment of Mental Health needs
o Evidence of professional development of staff & staff appraisal
• An understanding of the Clinical Advisor role and the telephone advice triage service
• An understanding of patient management within a Primary Care Centre environment
• Have excellent communication skills, especially telephone communication.
• Recognised Minor Illness/Injuries certificate
• Prescribing qualification
• Previous experience of telephone triage/advice
As an organisation Care UK is at the cutting edge of service development underpinned by a commitment to developing strong and effective leaders and embedding quality improvement methodologies. There is a strong track record of career progression within the organisation.
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a DBS check.
Care UK is committed to creating a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
If you'd like to learn more, arrange an informal visit to the service or have any questions please contact Ben Averill on 07435974918 or email email@example.com
Together we make things better.
Patients are at the heart of everything we do.
Everyone one of us matters.