We are a compassionate and collaborative clinical team based in Will Adams NHS Treatment Centre. We are currently sourcing for a Bank Ward Nurse to join us.
Care UK Treatment Centres are patient focused and work closely with local CCGs and NHS Trusts to reduce waiting times. Our Wards often boast great nurse to patient ratios and several of our Treatment Centres are rated Outstanding by CQC. Our unfaltering dedication to quality is something we are very proud of; we constantly strive to do things better for our patients. This ethos has led to innovative, evidence based developments to our procedures and ongoing improvements to the patient experience.
You would deliver a high standard of patient care supported by evidence based practice.
The post holder will be required to work Bank Variable Hours.
In return for your hard work you will receive…
• A competitive package including an annual salary of up to £28,500 pro rata dependent on experience, contributory pension scheme, 25 days annual leave per annum plus Bank Holidays
• CPD and revalidation support
• Clinical Development and Training Opportunities. We could even give you the opportunity to develop into a specialist role of your interest
• Care UK Perks including Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme and retail discounts
• Ensure and provide in the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of nursing care for every patient admitted to the Ward pre or post operatively.
• To carry out patient assessments and ensure that patients are medically fit for intended surgery.
• Following clinical assessment make appropriate recommendations regarding patient’s medical fitness for surgery, including anaesthetic review and referral back to GP as required.
• To provide patients who have been placed on the waiting list with expert knowledge and support during their pre-assessment visit and whilst on the waiting list for surgery.
• Undertake assessment of baseline observations using clinical assessment tools i.e. MUST BMI etc. referring problems to relevant members of primary and secondary health care teams, taking appropriate remedial action and ensuring patients are followed-up appropriately.
• To provide patients who have been assessed with expert knowledge and health promotion advice, initiating discharge planning.
Skills & Experience
• Recent post registration experience
• Experience in a Day Out Patient /Ward
• Ability to maintain and enhance effective working relationships
• Ability to plan, allocate and evaluate own work and develop self to enhance performance
• Ability to plan the work of a team
• Ability to teach/train nursing staff
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• Ability to monitor and control resources
• Excellent time management skills
• Able to meet the needs of the patients
• Is familiar with the company Safety and Infection control policy and procedures
• Good record keeping
• Ability to contribute to, monitor and implement changes and improvements to the service
• Ability to set and audit standards
• IT skills
• Psychosocial interventions
• Recovery room experience
• Infection control experience
• NMC Registered Nurse Part 1
• Evidence of basic qualification in general nursing
If you are shortlisted for interview, you will be contacted by the Internal Recruiter for the role who will arrange a mutually agreeable time for you to attend an interview. If you have any questions regarding the role please contact email@example.com or call 01189 521 951.
Please note Care UK retain the right to remove the advert prior to the closing date if a suitable candidate is appointed. Offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory pre-employment checks. At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities.