We have a new opportunity for a Theatre Practitioner to join our multidisciplinary theatre team at Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre.
We only treat NHS patients and we’re focused on providing the best possible, personalised care to the people of Somerset. We believe in treating you as quickly as possible – helping you to get better, faster.
We offer a range of treatments and also provide diagnostic services, using the latest MRI, ultrasound and plain film x-ray technology.
As part of the theatre team you will actively participate in and maintain the highest standard of care and safety for patients, visitors and staff in the operating theatre suite.
Key duties to include:
• Competency in all aspects of theatre technique and procedures
• Maintaining accurate clinical observation of the patient’s clinical condition and alerting medical staff when required
• Identifying and discussing the nursing problems or needs with the patient, relatives and other staff as deemed necessary
• Promoting the incorporation of discharge planning and health education into patient care, ensuring safe discharge of day surgery patients
• Providing a lead role in a defined area of specialist nursing care
• Assist in ensuring that the department is at all times clean and organised with sufficient supplies and equipment which are correctly cleaned, in working order and correctly stored
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role you will have:
• Extensive experience at Band 5 level or equivalent
• Clinical experience in either Orthopaedics, General surgery, Opthalmics, ENT or Gynaecology
• Familiarity with Health and Safety and Infection prevention & control policies and procedures
• Excellent communication skills
• Knowledge/Experience of clinical supervision
• Knowledge of change management theory
• Research/audit skills
• NMC Registered Nurse or HCPC registered Operating Department Practitioner
Care UK has been awarded an 8 year contract, in partnership with Somerset Partnership NHS Trust, to develop and manage the health and wellbeing campus at Shepton Mallet. This is an exciting venture, one which will give an opportunity to progress innovative ways of providing healthcare in line with the NHS Five Year Forward View’s vision of bringing care closer to home. The prospect for individuals working with us in this dynamic leading-edge environment will give professional healthcare practitioners a chance to drive improvements in local healthcare provision.
Please note that this is a zero hour contract.
For more information about the centre, please visit http://www.sheptonmallettreatmentcentre.nhs.uk/
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a DBS check.
At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities.