We have an exciting new opportunity for a bank Scrub Practitioner to join our multidisciplinary team at St Mary’s Treatment Centre in Portsmouth.
At St Mary’s, we are passionate about creating an exceptional experience for all NHS and private patients and are dedicated to delivering the highest standards or quality and safety.
First opened in 2005, the Treatment Centre was awarded ‘Good’ in its last CQC Inspection in July 2016. Our clean, modern and comfortable hospital offers state of the art operating facilities with care provided by highly trained clinical professionals who are able to take advantage of some of the best training and development opportunities in healthcare.
In this role, you will undertake all aspects of clinical work in the theatre area, providing a high standard of patient care and safety.
Key duties will include:
• Ensuring that all procedures performed meet individual patient needs, reflect good practice and are provided by means of appropriate equipment, within the agreed patient care pathways
• Ensuring that patients make informed decisions about their surgery and that consent meets legal requirements
• Ensuring that comprehensive theatre records are maintained in respect of all patients
• Maintaining accurate, timely and complete records, ensuring the safety and confidentiality of information
Skills & Experience
To be successful in the role, you will have:
• Relevant theatre experience
• Extensive experience within an acute environment
• NMC registered Nurse or HCPC registered Operating Department Practitioner
Please note that this is a zero hour contract.
Shortlisting for this role may take place as applications are received. We therefore reserve the right to close this vacancy once a suitable candidate has been appointed.
At St Mary’s we offer surgery across the following areas: minor hand and foot, general surgery, eye surgery, urology colorectal surgery and endoscopy. We also provide a walk in or appointment based X-ray service, an echocardiogram service (heart scan) and an ultrasound service (abdomen, pelvis and testes scan).
For more information about the service, please visit http://www.stmarystreatmentcentre.nhs.uk/
If you would like to discuss the role, please contact Sonia Sanghvi at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0118 952 1921.
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a DBS check.
At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities.