As a Registered General Nurse, you'll join our dedicated and passionate team at HMYOI Aylesbury Integrated Healthcare Services.
Working as part of a small team, in a fast paced environment, you'll be providing primary care to young people and managing occasional acute illness and injury.
You'll want to work with a diverse group of young people, in a service that seeks to focus on peoples wellbeing and promoting health.
HMYOI Aylesbury is a young offender institution, housing young male offenders aged between 17 and 21. Aylesbury holds the longest sentenced young adult males in the English prison system.
In this role, you will:
• Carry out and develop if required nurse lead clinics within agreed guidelines and protocols.
• Assume responsibility for development, implementation and evaluation of patient care and standards.
• Review the patient history of follow up attendees, undertake appropriate examination and tests, and organise treatment where necessary.
• Refer patients to other health care professionals or agencies where appropriate.
• Adhere to infection control policies.
• Have an understanding, empathetic approach to patients, recognising that many will be worried and anxious.
• Maintain accurate records at all times documenting details of tests, treatment and follow up in patient’s notes and on the department database.
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role, you must:
• Demonstrate knowledge of principles and philosophy of Clinical Governance.
• Health & Safety.
• Demonstrates ability to respond to situations and act on own initiative.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Evidence of good record keeping.
• Performing clinical audits.
• Registered with NMC - must have valid PIN
• Evidence of updating practice and continued professional development
• Willing to undertake education/courses relevant to area of practice and service development
This is a Bank role, working shifts as and when required - to cover holidays, sickness etc. The hourly rate for this role is a flat rate of £16.06 - £23 per hour (depending on experience).
Please note that Bank contracts are subject to receipt of satisfactory references, enhanced DBS check and prison vetting.