To work as part of a team of Primary Care Nurses within HMYOI Werrington. Provide clinical leadership and management to the Registered nurses. Establish inter-agency working where necessary to ensure good communication increases quality of care for patients. Ensure that own clinical practice is consistent with autonomous practice within the role
Primary Care Team Lead
• Based on an individual approach, provide nursing triage and screening assessment.
• Make a decision in relation to referral to more comprehensive assessment within a range of health and mental health services both within and outside HMYOI Werrington.
• Health advice
• Nursing treatment or care.
• Suture and plaster, or prepared for training.
• Minor illness/injury care
• Medicines management/advice
• Referral to another health professional or service as required.
• Set standards for care by implementing protocols and establishing health education activities.
• Develop new and innovative tools to assist patients and those supporting their care to do so to their best effect.
• Maintain accurate documentation of assessment, planning and treatment of patients.
• Manage and provide clinical supervision to the Registered Nursing Team
Research, audit and development
• Ensure that clinical nursing activities are evidence based.
• Participate in, and implement research, audit and development related to the development of HMYOI Werrington healthcare care.
• Participate in the dissemination of best practice within healthcare.
Clinical guidelines and service development
• Work with colleagues and patients to produce clinical guidelines and implement changes to practice that improve patient care and patient outcomes.
• Create and seek opportunities to disseminate and develop practice.
• Establish effective communications and networks to develop practice within Healthcare.
• Contribute to the development of formal education, training and development programmes.
• Participate fully in clinical and managerial supervision.
• Participate fully in the Clinical Governance Forum
• Develop ways in which to improve learning, clinical practice and the patient experience.
• To act as a role model to junior nurses.
Personal and professional development
• Maintain own personal and professional development plan, appraising own performance and discussing development needs with mentors, supervisors and line manager.
• To complete all mandatory training.
• Maintain NMC registration and professional development in line with the expectations of the role.
• Participate fully in annual appraisal.
• Work at all times within the NMC Code of Professional Conduct.
• Ensure that all duties are carried out in accordance with current quality initiatives within the area of work.
• The postholder must at all times carry out his/her duties with due regard to the Company’s equal opportunities policy.
• Act responsibly as an employee to maintain a safe and health environment for patients, visitors and staff.
• Any other duties that may be required from time to time.
Skills & Experience
• Evidence of appropriate continuing professional development activity to maintain up-to-date knowledge and on-going competence in all aspects of the role
• Experience in management long term conditions e.g. asthma, COPD, diabetes, CHD
• Evidence of working autonomously and as part of a team
• Proven ability to evaluate the safety and effectiveness of their own clinical practice
• Understanding and knowledge of policy developments related to the delivery of primary care services including , Clinical Governance, Quality & Outcomes Framework
• Understanding of evidence based practice
• Ability to assess and manage patient risk effectively and safely
• Well developed word processing/data collection/IT skills
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Reflective practitioner
• Time management and ability to prioritise workload
• Able to establish and maintain effective communication pathways within the organisation, the local PCT and with key external stakeholders
• Registered General Nurse (Currently registered with the Nursing & Midwifery Council)
• Post basic qualification in a relevant speciality
This is a Bank role, working shifts as and when required - to cover holidays, sickness etc. The hourly rate for this role is a flat rate of £18 per hour.
We welcome informal visits by appointment so please do contact us for more information and to arrange this.
Please note that offers of employment are subject to Care UK Terms & Conditions and receipt of satisfactory references, enhanced DBS check and prison vetting.