A new opportunity has arisen for a Bank Scrub Practitioner to join our fantastic team at St Mary's NHS Treatment Centre based in Portsmouth.
We are a growing business and everything we do is about putting people first, whether that be delivering exceptional care and support for our clients, or providing growth and development opportunities for our teams.
St Mary's Treatment Centre on Milton Road was purpose built in 2005 and the facility provides treatment to all attending NHS patients.
Theatre and Day Surgery Unit Ward Manager
• Comply with and ensure that CQC, CNST and other standards are met in theatre
• Lead the scrub team to meet the requirements of quality patient care, ensuring that all peri-operative nursing care activities carried out comply with relevant legislation and Company policies and procedures
• Ensure that all procedures performed meet individual patient needs, reflect good practice and are provided by means of appropriate equipment, within the agreed patient care pathways
• Ensure that patients made informed decisions about their surgery and that consent meets legal requirements.
• Ensure that comprehensive theatre records are maintained in respect of all patients
Skills & Experience
To be successful in the role, you will have:
Relevant theatre experience
knowledge of current research, key issues and development in theatre practice
Relevant theatre experience as a scrub Nurse
Evidence of competence as a scrub Nurse
Knowledge of current research, key issues and development in theatre practice
Knowledge of Health & Safety/Risk Management within the operating department
HCPC OR NMC Registered Nurse Part 1
Relevant and proven experience in an operating theatre, anaesthetics and recovery room
Experience of intubation, extubation and resuscitation of patients
NMC Registered Nurse Part 1
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory pre-employment checks.
At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities.
Applicants must have the right to work in the EU.