We have an exciting opportunity for a Registered General Nurse to join the team at Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre.
We only treat NHS patients and we’re focused on providing the best possible, personalised care to the people of Somerset. We believe in treating you as quickly as possible – helping you to get better, faster.
We offer a range of treatments and also provide diagnostic services, using the latest MRI, ultrasound and plain film x-ray technology.
Working as part of the multidisciplinary team you will deliver direct patient care, delegating and supervising care delivery of Healthcare Assistants.
Key duties will include:
• Providing high quality nursing care and support and develop team members as appropriate
• Assessing and accurately maintaining clinical observations of the patient, escalating as indicated when variances occur
• Taking charge of the ward in the absence of more senior staff
• Being responsible for maintaining accurate and confidential records
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role you will have:
• Extensive post registration experience
• Recent experience in a surgical ward
• Clinical skills in performing ECGs, venepuncture and IV drug administration
• NMC Registered Nurse Level 1
• ILS (or willingness to undertake)
Care UK has been awarded an 8 year contract, in partnership with Somerset Partnership NHS Trust, to develop and manage the health and wellbeing campus at Shepton Mallet. This is an exciting venture, one which will give an opportunity to progress innovative ways of providing healthcare in line with the NHS Five Year Forward View’s vision of bringing care closer to home. The prospect for individuals working with us in this dynamic leading-edge environment will give professional healthcare practitioners a chance to drive improvements in local healthcare provision.
Please note that this is a zero hour contract.
For more information about Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre please visit http://www.sheptonmallettreatmentcentre.nhs.uk/
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a DBS check.
At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities.