We have a new opportunity for a bank registered nurse to join our multidisciplinary team at Peninsula NHS Treatment Centre.
Achieving an "outstanding" rating from the Care Quality Commission (CQC), the treatment centre is the first independent sector treatment centre to achieve this and are in the top three per cent of hospitals in the country to receive this rating.
Peninsula NHS Treatment Centre offers high quality elective surgery for the local populations of Devon and Cornwall, specialising in hip and knee joint replacements, shoulder repair, hand and elbow surgery, foot surgery and minor orthopaedic procedures. We also deliver Ophthalmology and General surgery.
Not only are our facilities state-of-the-art, with us, you will be able to focus on what really matters; delivering a high standard of patient care. You will also be able to benefit from our fully supported training programmes, on site café and free parking.
Day Surgery and Endoscopy Manager
In this role you will be expected to deliver a high standard of patient care supported by evidence based practice.
Key duties will include:
• Being responsible for admitting and preparing patients for their procedure/operation, as well as 2nd stage recovery and post operative care within the day surgery and endoscopy units
• Ensuring that the Day Surgery unit and Endoscopy department are prepared
• The assessment and documentation of patient’s on day of admission for a variety of specialities and procedures
• Working within the day surgery unit, minor procedures suite and endoscopy unit (admissions and discharges only – endoscopy) when required
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role you will have:
• Recent post registration experience
• Experience on a day surgery unit
• NMC Registered Nurse Part 1
Please note that this is a zero hour contract.
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a DBS check.
At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities.