We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced bank PACU Nurse to join our multidisciplinary team at the Shepton Mallet Treatment Centre.
With an excellent reputation The Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre has been delivering high quality care to NHS patients in Somerset for 12 years. The hospital has been assessed as top of the national PROMS table from patients having had knee replacements and eighth nationally for hip replacements. It was also recently rated ‘Outstanding’ by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) in a newly published inspection report - putting the it at the very top of the regulator’s quality ratings across England.
We offer a range of treatments across a number of specialities including general surgery, orthopaedics, endoscopy, gastroenterology. gynaecology, urology, ENT and ophthalmology. We also provide diagnostic imaging and pain management services.
As a PACU Nurse at the treatment centre you will actively participate in and maintain the highest standard of care and safety for patients, visitors and staff in the operating theatre suite and PACU (Post Anaesthetic Care Unit).
Key duties will include:
• Maintaining accurate clinical observation of the patient’s clinical condition and alerting medical staff when required
• Ensurcing that infection control policies are adhered to
• Be be able to interpret the significance of data to the patient’s health status
• Assisting junior staff in the assessment of patients and advise appropriately, providing specialist knowledge in assessing and interpreting acute and other patients conditions
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role you will have:
• Recent experience at a band 5 level or equivalent
• Clinical experience within a recovery environment
• NMC registered nurse or HCPC registered Operating Department Practitioner
• ENB 176/183 or equivalent post operative surgical care experience
• ILS training
Please note that this is a zero hour contract.
Care UK has been awarded an 8 year contract, in partnership with Somerset Partnership NHS Trust, to develop and manage the health and wellbeing campus at Shepton Mallet. This is an exciting venture, one which will give an opportunity to progress innovative ways of providing healthcare in line with the NHS Five Year Forward View’s vision of bringing care closer to home. The prospect for individuals working with us in this dynamic leading-edge environment will give professional healthcare practitioners a chance to drive improvements in local healthcare provision.
For more information, visit www.careuk.com and http://www.careuk.com/shepton-mallet-nhs-treatment-centre
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a DBS check.
At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities.