A new opportunity has arisen for a bank PACU Nurse to join our team at the Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre.
With an excellent reputation The Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre has been delivering high quality care to NHS patients in Somerset for 12 years. A national measure of how independent healthcare providers of NHS treatments are performing recently identified the centre as best in the country for knee replacements and 8th for hip replacements.
At Shepton Mallet, we only treat NHS patients and we’re focused on providing the best possible, personalised care to the people of Somerset. We believe in treating you as quickly as possible – helping you to get better, faster.
We offer a range of treatments across a number of specialities including general surgery, orthopaedics, endoscopy, gastroenterology, gynaecology, urology, ENT and ophthalmology. We also provide diagnostic imaging and pain management services.
As a PACU Nurse at the treatment centre you will actively participate in and maintain the highest standard of care and safety for patients, visitors and staff in the operating theatre suite and PACU (Post Anaesthetic Care Unit).
Key duties will include:
• Maintaining accurate clinical observation of the patient’s clinical condition and alerting medical staff when required
• Ensurcing that Infection Control policies are adhered to
• Be be able to interpret the significance of data to the patient’s health status
• Assisting junior staff in the assessment of patients and advise appropriately, providing specialist knowledge in assessing and interpreting acute and other patients conditions
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role you will have:
• Recent experience within an acute environment with experience in the recovery of patients following surgery
• Previous experience in pre-assessment
• A good understanding on Infection Control and Health & Safety issues relating to theatre
• Knowledge of when to refer to the Anaesthetist
• NMC Registered Nurse
• ENB 176/183 or equivalent post operative surgical care experience
• ILS training
Care UK has been awarded an 8 year contract, in partnership with Somerset Partnership NHS Trust, to develop and manage the health and wellbeing campus at Shepton Mallet. This is an exciting venture, one which will give an opportunity to progress innovative ways of providing healthcare in line with the NHS Five Year Forward View’s vision of bringing care closer to home. The prospect for individuals working with us in this dynamic leading-edge environment will give professional healthcare practitioners a chance to drive improvements in local healthcare provision.
Please note that this is a zero hour contract.
For more information, visit www.careuk.com and http://www.careuk.com/shepton-mallet-nhs-treatment-centre
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a DBS check.
At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities.