We are currently sourcing for an Assistant Practitioner to join our Peninsula NHS Treatment Centre. Our Ward Department is one of the more challenging but most rewarding places to work. We firmly believe that every one of us makes a difference and the work we do directly affects the patient’s experience.
The post holder will support the registered nurse’s and Ward Manager in the delivery a high standard of patient care as well as lead, support and mentor the Ward HCAs. You will ensure that nursing is practiced within the constraints of and guided by all relevant legislation.
Care UK Treatment Centres are patient focused and work closely with local CCGs and NHS Trusts to reduce waiting times. Several of our Treatment Centres are rated Outstanding by CQC. Our unfaltering dedication to quality is something we are very proud of; we constantly strive to do things better for our patients. This ethos has led to innovative, evidence based developments to our procedures and ongoing improvements to the patient experience.
Shift Pattern - Full Time, 37.5 hours a week
In return for your hard work you will receive…
• A competitive package including an annual salary of up to £22,000 dependent on experience, contributory pension scheme, 25 days annual leave per annum plus Bank Holidays
• CPD and revalidation support
• Clinical Development and Training Opportunities. We could even give you the opportunity to develop into a specialist role of your interest
• Care UK Perks including Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme and retail discounts
• Hygiene: assist with the patients’ hygiene needs and encourage rehabilitation.
• Mobility: encourage and assist with patient mobilisation. Ensure that patients get adequate bed rest during the day.
• Nutrition: assist with the nutritional needs of the patient, helping patients fill in menu choice cards if needed.
• Elimination: ensure the patient’s elimination requirements are met. Ensure entries in fluid charts are recorded and maintained accurately.
• Insert urinary catheters as required for the comfort of the patient.
• Remove urinary catheters, i.v. cannula and femoral nerve blocks as required
• Ensure verbal consent is received from patients/clients before carrying out interventional clinical activities.
• Wound Care: undertake dressings including the removal of drains and clips.
• Skin protection: Observe patients skin and actively maintain the skin integrity of all patients.
• Diagnostic interventions: ensure patients receive interventions such as venepuncture/Cannulation as directed ensuring that patient consent is obtained to do so.
• Undertake ECG
• Consciously develop a team approach to patient care.
• Be constantly available to help where assistance is needed.
• Promote and support other members of the multi-disciplinary team with regards to ethical decision-making and patient advocacy
• Administer oral, IM, PR and SC medicines in accordance with NMC guidelines, Care UK policies and competency assessment completion.
• Injections: administer all prescribed medication as per protocols.
• Pain management: Ensure adequate intervention to maintain pain relief at an acceptable level, accepting patients are all unique individuals with varying perceptions of pain.
Skills & Experience
• Extensive post registration experience preferred
• Ability to work without close supervision
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Ability to work under pressure
• Ability to prioritise workload
• Ability to maintain and enhance effective working relationships
• Ability to plan, allocate and evaluate own work and develop self to enhance performance
• Ability to teach/train junior staff
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• Ability to monitor and control resources
• Excellent time management skills
• Able to meet the needs of the patients
• Is familiar with the company Safety and Infection control policies and procedures
• Recognised Associate/Assistant Practitioner Paramedic Qualification
If you are shortlisted for interview, you will be contacted by the Internal Recruiter for the role who will arrange a mutually agreeable time for you to attend for an interview. If you have any questions regarding the role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01189 521 951.
Please note Care UK retain the right to remove the advert prior to the closing date if a suitable candidate is appointed. Offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory pre-employment checks. At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities. Applicants must have the right to work in the EU.