We are currently sourcing for an Anaesthetic Practitioner to join our Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre. Our Theatre Department is one of the more challenging but most rewarding places to work. We firmly believe that every one of us makes a difference and the work we do directly affects the patient’s experience.
The post holder will actively participate in and maintain the highest standard of care and safety for patients, visitors and staff in the operating theatre suite and PACU. To provide effective leadership, expertise, advice and support to the theatre/anaesthetic team to ensure the provision of high quality care to patients.
Care UK Treatment Centres are patient focused and work closely with local CCGs and NHS Trusts to reduce waiting times. Several of our Treatment Centres are rated Outstanding by CQC. Our unfaltering dedication to quality is something we are very proud of; we constantly strive to do things better for our patients. This ethos has led to innovative, evidence based developments to our procedures and ongoing improvements to the patient experience.
Shift Pattern - Full Time, 37.5 hours a week.
In return for your hard work you will receive…
• A competitive package including an annual salary of up to £29,000 per annum dependent on experience, contributory pension scheme, 25 days annual leave per annum plus Bank Holidays
• CPD and revalidation support
• Clinical Development and Training Opportunities. We could even give you the opportunity to develop into a specialist role of your interest
• Care UK Perks including Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme and retail discounts
• To be competent in all aspects of anaesthetic technique and procedures.
• To work as a skilled member of the theatre team, and be responsible for the assessment of care given to patients within the operating theatre and other areas where an anaesthetic service is required.
• To maintain accurate clinical observation of the patient’s clinical condition and alert medical staff when required.
• To take responsibility in ensuring the safe, effective and efficient management of allocated resources within anaesthetics.
• With regards to patient safety to effectively communicate the accurately recorded data within the Theatre/Anaesthetic multi disciplinary team, updating and revising care as appropriate.
• To supervise the work of junior and unqualified colleagues in the assessment of patients and advise appropriately, providing specialist knowledge in assessing and interpreting acute and other patients conditions.
• In conjunction with the theatre manager to plan own self development and further develop both clinical/management skills and knowledge.
• To have an understanding of scrub and circulating roles and to understand the responsibilities in these roles.
• To provide innovative and progressive attitude to the continual improvement of patient care through and evidence based practice.
• As a member of the Theatre/Anaesthetic staff team, plan ways to solve/identify problems within the department and implement solutions in collaboration with other staff.
• To run theatre lists both efficiently and competently following policies and procedures.
Skills & Experience
• Recent experience at Band 5 or equivalent
• Clinical experience in Orthopaedics, General Surgery, Ophthalmic Surgery, Gynaecology surgical procedures, Urology surgical procedures, ENT surgical procedures
• Recovery experience
• Evidence of ability to work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team.
• Understanding and commitment to IPR (Individual Performance Review).
• Ability to plan and prioritise own and others workload when under pressure.
• Ability to manage change effectively.
• Ability to prioritise workload.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Computer literate
• Registered Nurse Level 1
• Teaching Qualification (or willingness to undertake)
• Specialist theatre/recovery/day surgery training
If you are shortlisted for interview, you will be contacted by the Internal Recruiter for the role who will arrange a mutually agreeable time for you to attend for an interview. If you have any questions regarding the role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01189 521 951.
Please note Care UK retain the right to remove the advert prior to the closing date if a suitable candidate is appointed. Offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory pre-employment checks. At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities. Applicants must have the right to work in the EU.