We have an exciting new opportunity for an Anaesthetic Practitioner to join our multidisciplinary team at Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre in Bristol.
At Emersons Green we’re focused on providing the best possible, personalised care to the people of Bristol, Bath, North and North East Somerset, and South Gloucestershire.
Bristol has been named the best place to live in Britain in 2017 by the Sunday Times best places to live guide. In 2015 it was the European Green Capital and in 2017 Rough Guide included it in one of the top 10 cities to visit in the world. With two railway stations you can easily reach London, Swansea and Cardiff as well as taking advantage of services to Birmingham and the North East. You also benefit from being close to the M4 as well as Bristol Airport.
First opened in 2009, Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre was awarded ‘Good’ in its last CQC inspection in July 2016. The site offers state of the art operating facilities with care provided by highly trained clinical professionals who are able to take advantage of some of the best training and development opportunities in healthcare.
Relocation packages available.
As an Anaesthetic Practitioner you will actively participate in and maintain the highest standard of care and safety for patients, visitors and staff in the operating theatre suite and PACU.
Key duties will be:
• Being competent in all aspects of anaesthetic technique and procedures
• Working as a skilled member of the theatre team, and being responsible for the assessment of care given to patients within the operating theatre and other areas where an anaesthetic service is required
• Maintaining accurate clinical observation of the patient’s clinical condition and alerting medical staff when required
• Having an understanding of scrub and circulating roles and to understand the responsibilities in these roles
• Assisting in ensuring that the department is at all times clean and organised with sufficient supplies and equipment which are correctly cleaned, in working order and correctly stored
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role you will have:
• Recent relevant experience
• Clinical experience in Orthopaedics, General Surgery, Ophthalmic Surgery, Gynaecology,Urology and ENT surgical procedures
• Recovery experience
• Specialist theatre/recovery/day surgery training e.g. ENB 183/182/176/A87/N81/DO3/A21/N33 or equivalent
• NMC Registered Nurse or an HCPC Registered Operating Department Practitioner
Shortlisting for this role may take place as applications are received. We therefore reserve the right to close this vacancy once a suitable candidate has been appointed.
At Emersons Green, we offer day case and in-patient surgery across the following areas: dental surgery, ear, nose and throat procedures, endoscopy, general surgery, gynaecology, orthopaedic surgery, diagnostic imaging, ophthalmology, and urology. In addition we also provide diagnostic services, using the latest X-ray and ultrasound technology.
For more information about Emersons Green, please visit http://www.emersonsgreentreatmentcentre.nhs.uk/.
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a DBS check.
At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities.