We have an exciting opportunity for an Anaesthetic Practitioner to join the team at Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre.
With an excellent reputation The Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre has been delivering high quality care to NHS patients in Somerset for 12 years. The hospital has been assessed as top of the national PROMS table from patients having had knee replacements and eighth nationally for hip replacements. It was also recently rated ‘Outstanding’ by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) in a newly published inspection report - putting the it at the very top of the regulator’s quality ratings across England.
We offer a range of treatments across a number of specialities including general surgery, orthopaedics, endoscopy, gastroenterology. gynaecology, urology, ENT and ophthalmology. We also provide diagnostic imaging and pain management services.
As an Anaesthetic Practitioner you will actively participate in and maintain the highest standard of care and safety for patients, visitors and staff in the operating theatre suite and PACU. You will be expected to carry the anaesthetic bleep as requested and to be a member of the on call team periodically as arranged as per the on call rota.
Key duties will be:
• Being competent in all aspects of anaesthetic techniques and procedures
• Being competent at resuscitation procedures, maintaining as a minimum ILS competencies
• Demonstrating an understanding of, and compliance to, the Local Standards of Safety for Patients undergoing Interventional Procedures (LocSIPs) with associated internal Standard Operating Processes
• Working as a skilled member of the theatre team, and being responsible for the assessment of care given to patients within the operating theatre and other areas where an anaesthetic service is required
• Maintaining accurate clinical observation of the patient’s clinical condition and alerting medical staff when required
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role you will have:
• Recent relevant experience
• Clinical experience in Orthopaedics, General Surgery, Ophthalmic Surgery, Gynaecology,Urology and ENT surgical procedures
• Recovery experience
• Specialist theatre/recovery/day surgery training e.g. ENB 183/182/176/A87/N81/DO3/A21/N33 or equivalent
• NMC Registered Nurse or an HCPC registered Operating Department Practitioner
Care UK has been awarded an 8 year contract, in partnership with Somerset Partnership NHS Trust, to develop and manage the health and wellbeing campus at Shepton Mallet. This is an exciting venture, one which will give an opportunity to progress innovative ways of providing healthcare in line with the NHS Five Year Forward View’s vision of bringing care closer to home. The prospect for individuals working with us in this dynamic leading-edge environment will give professional healthcare practitioners a chance to drive improvements in local healthcare provision.
For more information, visit www.careuk.com and http://www.careuk.com/shepton-mallet-nhs-treatment-centre
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a DBS check.
At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities.