About the Job
The Warwickshire OOH service provides advice, information and treatment for NHS patients who become unwell during the out-of-hours period when their own GP surgery is closed.
As an Advanced Nurse Practitioner, you'll see, treat and discharge patients of all ages that present minor illnesses or minor injuries, either over the phone or face-to-face in the base or when you're doing a home visit. You’ll be responsible for assessing patients, planning their care, administering treatment and discharging them or referring them as appropriate to other healthcare professionals / external agencies.
You’ll work alongside GP’s, UCP's and other non-clinical staff to deliver the best possible patient care.
The OOH’s operates out of 5 existing primary care centres throughout Gloucestershire, so you can choose to work at the service that is closest to you, however you may need to travel to other sites from time to time.
• Nuneaton PCC, George Eliot Hospital, Nuneaton
• Rugby PCC, St Cross Hospital, Rugby
• Warwick PCC, Warwick General Hospital, Warwick
• Shipston-on-Stour PCC, Ellen Badger Community Hospital, Shipston-on-Stour
• Stratford PCC, Trinity Court Medical Centre, Stratford-upon-Avon
Our permanent roles run up to 37.5 hours per week however we also have part time opportunities available, which will give you the flexibility to choose how you wish to work and with a rota made over a month in advance you have plenty of notice to plan your life around work.
What can we offer you?
• From £32-£47 per hour depending on shifts worked
• Company Pension
• Indemnity Cover
• 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
• Varied, interesting and challenging work
• Cycle to work scheme
• Online discounts
How will we support you?
• Regional and national career development opportunities
• Regular clinical supervision and education events, including the opportunity to have a weekly case
discussion with the Medical Lead
• Access to our bespoke and comprehensive e-learning system
• ANP and non-medical prescribing updates throughout the year
• Networking opportunities with clinicians in other clinical settings
What we'll need from you
• Be an autonomous Nurse Practitioner with a patient assessment qualification and recent work
experience within a Primary/Urgent Care environment
• Hold an independent prescribing qualification
• Hold an NMC Pin
• Be able to see, treat and discharge patients of all ages with unscheduled presentations
About Care UK
Care UK was founded in 1982. Today our healthcare services include treatment centres, prison health services, GP practices, NHS walk-in centres, GP out-of-hours and clinical assessment and diagnostics facilities. This means that we provide a greater range of specialist care services than any other organisation in the UK.
Care UK is the largest independent provider of urgent care services in England incorporating OOH's, single point of access and referral management. We deliver excellent, high value patient care on behalf of the NHS for over eight million patients across England.
We work with the NHS to deliver high quality healthcare services, reducing waiting times and giving the patient a greater level of choice. We also take healthcare services closer to where people live and work – increasing the efficiency and quality of the services we deliver and helping to reduce waiting times.
For more information, please visit our website
If you would like to talk to our friendly recruiters for further information, or for a full, comprehensive Job Description, please contact Lucy Brown Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a DBS check.
Care UK is committed to creating a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
If you would like to talk to one of our friendly recruiters for further information or for a full, comprehensive job description, please contact Lucy Brown