An exciting new opportunity within General Practice
Care UK is delivering a brand new model of care for general practice called Practice Plus. Practice Plus provides an enhanced general practice service to NHS patients at fantastic new premises based in Boots at North St. The service incorporates technology innovations and remote care which significantly improve patient access and provides opportunities to manage their health better.
We offer patients face-to-face or telephone appointments within 48 hours, and often on the same day. We also offer a wide range of approved NHS tests which can be done before the patients see a GP, ANP or nurse – improving their experience and often speeding up time to care.
Patients also have access to a “personal health hub” where they can book appointments, order repeat prescriptions and use our online health assessment tool which offers personalised health advice and ensures that patients see the right clinician and receives the right treatment in line with the urgency. This is available to them 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Practice Plus is currently operating in Brighton, but with ambitious plans to expand it is an exciting time to join the service and become part of something new, with great exposure and endless possibilities for career development and progression.
About the Job
As an Advanced Nurse Practitioner working for Practice Plus, you’ll be responsible for autonomously assessing patients, proactively planning their care, autonomously administering treatment and discharging them or referring them as appropriate to other healthcare professionals and external agencies.
You’ll work alongside GP’s, Practice Nurses, Pharmacists, HCA’s and other non-clinical staff where you’ll be a valued member of a team who are focused on delivering innovation in patient care. The team are keen to develop you and the service by promoting the sharing of new ideas and ways to develop the patient journey.
Practice Plus is open from 8am – 8pm Monday – Sunday; therefore we can offer shifts between 4 - 12 hours in length, working on a rota basis. Rotas are released 6 weeks in advance, enabling you to plan your personal life.
We have permanent, bank or self-employed opportunities available, which gives you the flexibility to choose how you wish to work.
What can we offer you?
• Up to £60,000 per annum dependent on experience (pro-rata for part-time)
• Competitive hourly rates for bank/self-employed staff
• Company pension
• Indemnity cover
• 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
• Varied, interesting and challenging work
• Cycle to work scheme
• Online discounts
How will we support you?
• Regional and national career development opportunities
• Regular clinical supervision and education events, including the opportunity to have a weekly case
discussion with the Medical Lead
• Access to our bespoke and comprehensive e-learning system
• ANP and non-medical prescribing updates throughout the year
• Networking opportunities with clinicians in other clinical settings
What we'll need from you
• Be an autonomous Advanced Nurse Practitioner with recent work experience in a Primary/Urgent
• Experience of Long Term Condition Management
• Hold (or be working towards) an independent prescribing qualification
• Hold an NMC Pin
• Be able to see, treat and discharge patients of all ages
• Have a flare for innovation and an exciting vision for the future of primary care
For further information on Practice Plus, please visit: https://practiceplus.co.uk/
If you would like to talk to one of our friendly recruiters for further information or for a full, comprehensive job description, please contact Lucy Brown email@example.com / 07811531508
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a DBS check.
Care UK is committed to creating a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants must have the right to work in the EU.