About the Job
Are you looking for the next step in your career? Do you have the desire to make a difference to patients? If so, look no further, as we could have the job for you.
Care UK has been awarded a new contract for the delivery of Integrated Urgent Care (IUC) services across Surrey. The IUC services combine NHS 111, a Clinical Assessment Service (CAS) and an Out of Hours (OOH) service. This means that we will be utilising GPs and specialist clinicians to deliver the best possible urgent care services 24/7, 365 days per year, to over 1 million patients in the region.
You will be working within a Multi-Disciplinary Team in the CAS which consists of GPs/ANPs, Registered Nurses, UCPs, Mental Health and Dental Nurses and Prescribing Pharmacists and Pharmacy Advisors
You’ll work collaboratively with the Medical Leads and Head of Contracts in order to deliver a high performance service to the satisfaction of commissioners and patients. In order to do this, you’ll be responsible for:
• Recruiting, developing and leading a team of operational and clinical staff, ensuring they receive annual appraisals and training and development.
• Continually improving service efficiency and quality and be responsible for operational complaints
• Exceeding contractual and regulatory standards
• Exceeding budgets
• Exceeding patients’ expectations of their experience
You may also be required to become the CQC registered manager of the service.
As you will be the Service Manager Manager of the CAS and OOH service, you’ll be required to work up to 70% of your working hours during the OOH period when the services are operational. This will include evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
About Care UK
Care UK was founded in 1982. Today our healthcare services include treatment centres, prison health services, GP practices, NHS walk-in centres, GP out-of-hours and CATS and diagnostic facilities. This means that we provide a greater range of specialist care services than any other organisation in the UK.
Care UK is the largest independent provider of urgent care services in England incorporating OOH's, single point of access and referral management. We deliver excellent, high value patient care on behalf of the NHS for over eight million patients across England.
We work with the NHS to deliver high quality healthcare services, reducing waiting times and giving the patient a greater level of choice. We also take healthcare services closer to where people live and work – increasing the efficiency and quality of the services we deliver and helping to reduce waiting times.
For more information, please visit our website: http://careukhealthcare.com
• Have extensive management experience – including managing a team and a budget.
• Experience of contract management and relationship management with external stakeholders
• Good knowledge of OOH and Primary Care
• Have an understanding of the requirements of CQC
• Previous experience of performance management and service development
• Previous experience of working within a healthcare setting
• Hold a management degree/diploma
• Experience with Adastra
• Have Change and Project Management experience
Salary & Benefits
This is a permanent, full-time job, working 37.5 hours per week. You will also be required to take part in on-call on a rota basis.
We can offer you:
• £47,000 per annum
• Car Allowance
• 25 days annual leave + 8 public holidays
• Company Pension Scheme
• Regional/national opportunities
• Free online and face-to-face training
• Cycle to work scheme
• Online discounts
Once you have pressed apply to this job, you will be contacted by a recruiter by phone or email.
If you have been shortlisted, the recruiter will submit your CV to the hiring manager who will in turn arrange an interview with you if they feel that you are suitable for the job.
If you would like more information about the job or if you would like to view the Job Description, please contact Ben Averill – email@example.com / 07435 974918
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a DBS check.
Please also note that Care UK will be providing the IUC service in Surrey as of April 2019. We are recruiting in advance in order to ensure the launch of the service is safe and effective from the start date.
Care UK is committed to creating a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.