About the Job
Are you looking for the next step in your career? Are you passionate about delivering the best possible service? If so, look no further as this could be the job for you.
Care UK are looking for a Service Manager to manage our GP Practice and Walk-in Centre based in Colchester on a permanent, full time basis.
North Colchester Healthcare Centre is a GP Practice with walk-in facilities run by Care UK on behalf of the NHS. With approx 8,300 patients you can be sure to have variety in your working day! The centre offers a range of comprehensive services to registered patients and a walk-in service for the treatment of minor injuries and ailments, without having to make an appointment.
The centre is open every day from 7am to 10pm, including all bank holidays and is set in the lively centre of Colchester. We’re just a 15 minute walk away from Colchester train station, allowing for an easy commute if you’re travelling from further afar.
As the Service Manager, you will be responsible for:
• Being the CQC registered manager and health and safety lead.
• Monitoring and managing the delivery of QOF and Enhanced Services, ensuring to maintain agreed standards of service, contractual requirements and targets.
• Ensuring arrangements are in place to manage and monitor patient’s access and quality.
• Service development and the implementation of new services to improve the patient outcomes
• Budget management of all practice finances, ensuring the optimum use of resources, taking actions to save money or improve value for money.
• Managing staff which will include recruitment, development and performance. You will also be accountable for all staff on a daily basis.
• Investigating complaints and incidents
• Supervising staff rosters to ensure that the service is adequately staffed at all times.
• Shared responsibility for the on-call management across all service operating hours.
About Care UK
Care UK was founded in 1982. Today our healthcare services include treatment centres, GP practices, NHS walk-in centres, GP out-of-hours, prison health services and clinical assessment and diagnostics facilities. This means that we provide a greater range of specialist care services than any other organisation in the UK.
Care UK is the largest independent provider of urgent care services in England incorporating out of hours, single point of access and referral management. We deliver excellent, high value patient care on behalf of the NHS for over eight million patients across England.
We work with the NHS to deliver high quality healthcare services, reducing waiting times and giving the patient a greater level of choice. We also take healthcare services closer to where people live and work – increasing the efficiency and quality of the services we deliver and helping to reduce waiting times.
If you would like more information, please visit our website: http://careukhealthcare.com
• Supervisory Management Qualification or equivalent
• Previous supervisory or management experience within an NHS Primary Care Service
• Previously managed clinical staff
• Previous experience within an NHS GP/APMS Practice environment
• Understanding of clinical governance
• Practical SystmOne clinical system experience.
• Budget Management experience
• Experienced in and committed to developing staff
• Experience of service improvement
• Effective decision making abilities
• Excellent communication, listening and interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge of CQC principles and requirements
• Knowledge of QOF and other quality systems and reporting requirements within Primary Care
Salary & Benefits
This is a permanent full time position, working 37.5 hours per week. As the service hours are 7am – 10pm Monday – Sunday, you will need to be flexible to work across the operating hours.
We can offer you:
• A competitive annual salary
• Opportunity to earn an annual bonus.
• Car Allowance
• 25 days annual leave + 8 public holidays
• Company Pension Scheme
• Free online and face-to-face training
• Cycle to work scheme
• Childcare vouchers and online discounts
Once you have pressed apply to this job, you will be contacted by Ben who sits within our recruitment team by phone or email.
If you have been shortlisted, the recruiter will submit your CV to the hiring manager who will in turn arrange an interview with you if they feel that you are suitable for the job.
If you would like to talk to one of our friendly recruiters for further information or a full, comprehensive job description, please contact Ben Averill, email@example.com / 07435 974918
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a DBS check.
At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities.
Applicants must have the right to work in the EU.