Care UK are looking for a Receptionist (37.5 hours per week) for the Minor Injuries Unit and Southampton Treatment Centre
Opening hours of the treatment centre are 7.30am to 10pm weekdays are 8am to 10pm weekends and Bank Holidays and the shift patterns are a reflection of these hours. There are enhancements for weekend and Bank Holiday working
To provide a comprehensive, patient focused clinical administration process. You will be responsible for entering patient details onto the system in a timely and accurate manner, scanning documents into the system, and arranging referrals to other healthcare providers. You willalso be trained to multi-task in all of the above duties, and will complete each task in line with the working patterns as directed by the Service Administrator Supervisor.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure a courteous and prompt greeting when greeting patients upon arrival at the Centre.
• Process all patient provided information ensuring accurate and timely data entry.
• Liaise with clinical staff when required.
• Answer telephone calls and deal with patient queries and re-direct as required
• Process and forward reports, bookings to other healthcare providers in a timely fashion.
• Protect patient confidentiality and dignity by keeping patient records in an inconspicuous location at the front desk.
• Ensure that patient confidentiality is maintained and respected whilst attending to their needs at the reception desk.
• Ensure the retrieval and forwarding of general messages to the appropriate personnel within the department.
• Communicate any problems that they feel may affect the operation of the service to the Service Administrator Supervisor or Lead Clinical Staff.
• Performs other clerical duties as directed by the Service Administrator Supervisor either generally or in instances where cover is required during the absence of other team members.
• Comply with the Company Appraisal system and attend an appraisal every year.
• Ensure updated mandatory training requirements are met
• Assist in the orientation and support of new staff to the unit.
Skills & Experience
For the role its essential you have Admin and Reception experience and desirable that you have worked in the Healthcare sector
We are one of the UK largest independent sector healthcare providers and work in close partnership with the NHS to deliver more than 50 services throughout the UK. We provide high quality specialist care and excellent results for more than 50,000 patients each year.
For more information, visit www.careuk.com and
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a DBS check.
At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities.
Applicants must have the right to work in the EU.
Shortlisting for this role may take place as applications are received. We therefore reserve the right to close this vacancy once a suitable candidate has been appointed.