The Technical Support Services Engineer is a key player within a team dedicated to provide high level on site support. Reporting into the Head of IT Operations you will be required to ensure that all incident are resolved within SLA.
The role will be based out of our Totton office with the role focused on supporting our users in line with SLA and onsite support, this is to ensure system availability is maintained in line with defined service level agreements (SLAs). The position will require a wide UK travel to various sites for support calls and project assistance where needed and governed from project management.
Based in Totton but will be expected to travel to Bristol, Southall, Dorking, West Midlands and Ashford area ( also covering M25 corridor and surrounding areas)
Hours of Work
7.5 working hours per day, between 09:00 and 17:30, Monday to Friday.
On-Call 1 week in 4, however could change to 1 in 3.
•Provide onsite break fix inline within the SLA
•Provide technical escalation for incidents
•Provide root cause analysis for incidents
•Monitor call queues with in ME
•Being an escalation point for troubleshooting and resolving technical issues from 1st and 2nd line engineers
•Provide hierarchical escalation point in line with the Escalation Policy
•Invoke hierarchical escalation to the Head of IT Operations, Service Delivery Manager, other managers to ensure SLA is achieved
•Identify and report recurring incidents within the ticketing toolset.
Technically the successful candidate will hold a minimum of one MCITP (Windows Server 2003/2008/2012) and will be expected to continue their education in attaining their MCSE. Knowledge in Citrix, VMware or Cisco technologies would be beneficial.
• Working towards MCSA level in Windows Server or Windows 10
• A strong working knowledge of Hardware troubleshooting skills across the following vendors HP, iGEL, Cisco and Brother.
• Strong Windows 10 build and configuration skills
• Strong Windows 7 build and configuration skills
• Active Directory Skills
• Working Towards a CCNA is also required for this role and would be expecting the candidate to achieve
• CompTIA A + Certified
• Dedicated to providing a professional level of customer service.
• Highly organized, capable of handling multiple tasks simultaneously and meeting deadlines.
• Analytical approach with good questioning & listening skills
• Able to communicate effectively at all levels through to senior management
• Team player, able to mentor and provide guidance to other members of the team where applicable
• Understanding of ITIL principles and comprehensive knowledge of internal processes
• Hold a current, clean UK driving license
About Care UK
Care UK was founded in 1982. Today our healthcare services include treatment centres, GP practices, NHS walk-in centres, GP out-of-hours, prison health services and clinical assessment and diagnostics facilities. This means that we provide a greater range of specialist care services than any other organisation in the UK.
Care UK is the largest independent provider of urgent care services in England incorporating out of hours, single point of access and referral management. We deliver excellent, high value patient care on behalf of the NHS for over eight million patients across England.
We work with the NHS to deliver high quality healthcare services, reducing waiting times and giving the patient a greater level of choice. We also take healthcare services closer to where people live and work – increasing the efficiency and quality of the services we deliver and helping to reduce waiting times.
If you would like more information, please visit our website: http://careukhealthcare.com
We can offer you
• £25,000 per annum + Car allowance
• 25 days annual leave + 8 public holidays
• Company Pension Scheme
• Regional/national opportunities
• Free online and face-to-face training
• Cycle to work scheme
• Childcare vouchers and online discounts
Once you have applied to this job, you will be contacted by Daniel who sits within our recruitment team by phone or email if you have been shortlisted for interview. If you would like a full comprehensive Job Description please email email@example.com
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a DBS check.
Care UK is committed to creating a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Care UK reserve the right to close this advert early, if a sufficient number of applications have been received.