We have an exciting opportunity for an IT Project Support Coordinator to join our team.
Care UK is the largest independent provider of healthcare services via our nationwide network of NHS Treatment centres, Diagnostic centres as well as our function support offices in Colchester, Reading and London. We also operate offender health services in multiple HM Prison sites.
Your role will be to provide comprehensive project support service to the healthcare and health in justice division, directly supporting the IT Infrastructure Project Manager(s). You will support the projects team in line with Care UK in house project management methodology which is closely aligned to PRINCE 2.
This is a remote position but can be based out of the offices in High Wycombe. However there will be an element of travel needed to visit sites across the UK.
You would be responsible for support our IT Landscape which includes:
• 14,500 employees
• 200 sites
• 5,000+ IT users
• 1000 Laptops
• 2000+ Desktops
• 700+ Thin clients
Main duties include:
• Development and maintenance of a project register across all live projects, electronic project archive and retrieval through the online IT knowledgebase.
• Production of regular monitoring and highlight reports
• Carrying out comprehensive site surveys identifying IT assets and connectivity methods
• Managing the procurement and delivery of IT Hardware required
The type of person that would excel in this role would be coming from a similar background to a 1st Line Support Engineer or Field Engineer. In depth knowledge of IT Infrastructure will be used on a daily basis to support all Care UK employees across all 200 sites in the UK.
Also Security Clearance will need to be obtained.
Skills & Experience
• A solid working understanding of IT infrastructure including Ethernet, EFM, FTTC along with IP telephony
• A solid working understanding of Microsoft Active Directory
• Wide experience of direct work with the public and external customers
• Experience of designing, setting up and implementing administrative processes and procedures
• Pro-active experience of and contribution to change management processes
• Experience of delivering objectives and targets to timescales
• Experiencing in working with 3rd party telco providers and managing full life cycle of the installation process
Salary & Benefits
• £24,000 per annum
• 25 days annual leave + 8 public holidays
• Company Pension Scheme
• Childcare vouchers and online discounts
• Continued Training – PRINCE 2 Qualification
Must be able to travel nationally in own vehicle and work after normal hours or at weekends if required.
Shortlisting for this role may take place as applications are received. We therefore reserve the right to close this vacancy once a suitable candidate has been appointed.
For more information about Care UK, please visit http://www.careukhealthcare.com/
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references, DBS, occupational health and security clearance.
At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities.