About the role
To lead on all aspects of day to day client relationships for IUC services commissioned within the region.
To maintain a close working partnership with service delivery colleagues across the whole network, acting as internal customer, providing assurance and acting as a subject matter expert for the IUC service provided to local commissioners and essential in developing the future IUC service and delivering IUC growth for Care UK.
To ensure compliance to indicators relating to quality, budgetary management and performance of NHS111, Out of Hours, Urgent Care Centres and GP/Equitable Access Centre services through line management of the respective Service Managers for those contracts within the geography.
National IUC Director
Your responsibilities will be to...
1. Develop and maintain constructive relationships with Commissioners and other key stakeholders such as NHSE, ambulance services, OOH providers, SRG and Urgent Care working groups.
2. Ensure that stakeholder expectations are managed, performance and improvement initiatives are accurately reported and developments are progressed
3. Support and advise Service Managers to ensure the safe and effective delivery of contracted services.
4. To work with IUC Senior Management Team colleagues, ensuring that service performance and developments are well understood, and that commissioner needs are take into account in future developments.
5. Provide clear, timely and accurate reporting to external stakeholders/commissioners and the IUC performance and Service Improvement Director, including overseeing and assuring the production and monitoring of reports provided by the IUC team, such as quality reports and rectification action plans, to ensure that these are in line with contractual and relationship requirements.
6. Help establish and maintain Care UK as the first choice provider of IUC for the region, including participating in service development or bid opportunities – this may not be limited to in-region developments or bids, but may be influenced by workload.
7. Ensure that incremental opportunities are identified and followed through, including the development of winter funding and pilot opportunities in conjunction with the IUC SMT.
8. Assure the process of proactive service planning with IUC service colleagues to ensure that minor and major impacts on the service are met with no detriment to the patient, commissioner or Care UK; clinically, financially or reputational.
9. To work with cross functional teams across IUC on the design, development and implementation plans for IUC services, driving innovation, supporting improvement initiatives in service efficiency and quality
10. Monitor and share best practice developments in IUC commercial development and contracting
11. Monitoring contract risks and ensuring that mitigations are identified, actioned and communicated to the IUC Performance and Service Improvement Director and others as appropriate.
You will need to have...
The ability to collaborate constructively with internal and external partners to create the conditions of successful partnership working.
The ability to deal with sensitive and complex emotive issues relating to members of the public, Care UK employees and commissioners
The ability to read, analyse, and interpret technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
The ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers.
A good understanding of financial and performance metrics
Experience of service or contract management at a senior level in a healthcare environment.
Successful delivery of change and performance.
A strong sense of personal and team accountability
Sound political judgement and astuteness in understanding and working with complex and diverse interest groups.
What we will need from you...
Is evidence of continuing education and development, and ideally you will hold a recognised management qualification.
What can we offer you...
•£55-60k per annum + car allowance + 10% bonus
•25 days annual leave + bank holidays
For more information or to arrange an informal chat, please contact Lisa Dyson - email@example.com
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a DBS check.
Care UK is committed to creating a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants must have the right to work in the EU.