We are currently sourcing for a Governance Administrator to join our Emersons & Devizes. Our Governance Department is one of the more challenging but most rewarding places to work. We firmly believe that every one of us makes a difference and the work we do directly affects the patient’s experience.
The post holder will act as an assistant to the Clinical Governance Team providing effective, efficient and confidential support. The role requires an experienced, flexible individual with excellent organisational skills who enjoys a challenge and can work on their own initiative. Responsibilities are varied and the postholder will require an in-depth knowledge of governance processes in order to deliver the role effectively.
Care UK Treatment Centres are patient focused and work closely with local CCGs and NHS Trusts to reduce waiting times. Several of our Treatment Centres are rated Outstanding by CQC. Our unfaltering dedication to quality is something we are very proud of; we constantly strive to do things better for our patients. This ethos has led to innovative, evidence based developments to our procedures and ongoing improvements to the patient experience.
Shift Pattern - 37.5 hours a week
In return for your hard work you will receive…
• A competitive package including a salary of £18,200 per anuum dependent on experience, contributory pension scheme, 25 days annual leave per annum plus Bank Holidays
• CPD and revalidation support
• Clinical Development and Training Opportunities. We could even give you the opportunity to develop into a specialist role of your interest
• Care UK Perks including Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme and retail discounts
Clinical Governance Manager
• To support the Clinical Governance Manager and the Governance team by providing an accurate and efficient administrative service
• Communicate effectively with patients, Heads of Departments, the Senior Management Team, clinical and non-clinical staff and liaise with external stakeholders, as required by the Clinical Governance Manager, representing Care UK and the centres in a professional manner
• Be prepared to collect, submit, analyse and report data as required
• Setting up meetings and appointments for members of the team as required (including arranging venues, organising presentations and taking minutes as appropriate)
• To provide support to the Governance team regarding complaints documentation and correspondence
• In the event of the Clinical Governance Manager not being available ensure that an alternative manager is informed of any urgent issues, e.g. safeguarding, infection control, complaints
• Ensure all telephone calls are dealt with in an efficient, courteous and professional manner. Record messages accurately, prioritise and bring to the prompt attention of the appropriate department lead
• To effectively utilise systems such as Maxims, Datix, LMS, KPI and audit databases
• To ensure accurate recording of clinical outcomes and to support validation of data with the Clinical Governance Manager
• To attend Clinical Governance Meetings and contribute to trend analysis discussions
Skills & Experience
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Excellent organisational skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to balance the demands of a variety of stakeholders
• Prioritisation and time management skills
• IT literate (especially Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
• Demonstrable experience within a similar role
• Proven administrative experience
• Good standard of general education
• Evidence of further development
• ECDL / Computer literacy
If you are shortlisted for interview, you will be contacted by the Internal Recruiter for the role who will arrange a mutually agreeable time for you to attend for an interview. If you have any questions regarding the role please contact Roxanne.Fitzpatrick@careuk.com or call 01189 521 921.
Please note Care UK retain the right to remove the advert prior to the closing date if a suitable candidate is appointed. Offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory pre-employment checks. At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities. Applicants must have the right to work in the EU.