The role will involve developing strong working relationships with the Divisional Directors and Heads of Department across the relevant central service units and support the central finance team.
• Management reporting for the central service departments including preparation of financial and non-financial information along with detailed commentaries.
• Manage quarterly forecasting and annual budgeting process for the central service departments, including extensive discussions with support staff and co-ordination with central, group and service line finance teams.
• Ownership of management information, deep understanding of activities and drivers
• Ongoing identification & communication of risks & opportunities through general interactions with colleagues, ad-hoc scenario analyses of commercial opportunities etc
• Ensuring management, implementation and compliance with financial control policies and processes across the departments
• Understanding of key commercial terms within core service contracts.
• Work with Heads of Department and Divisional Directors with looking at and financially appraising new divisional contracts, including preparing necessary sign-off models/briefing papers and board approval submissions.
• Controlling and management of recharge allocation models to charge service lines for agreed people and non-people costs. Provide insightful analysis of this versus budget, removing the complexity to ensure service lines understand what they are being charged (mainly support staff and IT costs).
• Ad hoc reporting and provision of data to external bodies and internal stakeholders
Skills & Experience
• Qualified accountant – 2 years PQE
• Excellent analytical and financial modelling skills
• Demonstrable evidence of predictive and forecast modelling, planning and assisting with strategy
• Strong academic qualifications
• 1-2 years similar experience
• Financial analyst experience
• Strong commercial experience and ability to influence colleagues decisions
• Proven track record of creating and managing budget processes, along with cost allocation models
• High competence in relation to usual Microsoft applications e.g. Excel, Word, Outlook, Powerpoint
• Ability to communicate at all levels of the organisation complex messages clearly