We are currently sourcing for a Clinical Governance Facilitator & IPAC Lead to join us. Our Governance Department is one of the more challenging but most rewarding places to work. We firmly believe that every one of us makes a difference and the work we do directly affects the patient’s experience.
The post holder will work as a member of the governance team in the application and delivery of clinical governance across Emersons Green and Devizes NHS Treatment Centres, in line with Care UK policies, NICE guidelines, government and NHS policies and CCG contractual requirements. To lead infection prevention and control processes, including training, reporting and implementing processes.
Care UK Treatment Centres are patient focused and work closely with local CCGs and NHS Trusts to reduce waiting times. Several of our Treatment Centres are rated Outstanding by CQC. Our unfaltering dedication to quality is something we are very proud of; we constantly strive to do things better for our patients. This ethos has led to innovative, evidence based developments to our procedures and ongoing improvements to the patient experience.
Shift Pattern - 37.5 hours a week
In return for your hard work you will receive…
• A competitive package including a salary of £32,050 per anuum dependent on experience, contributory pension scheme, 25 days annual leave per annum plus Bank Holidays
• CPD and revalidation support
• Clinical Development and Training Opportunities. We could even give you the opportunity to develop into a specialist role of your interest
• Care UK Perks including Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme and retail discounts
Clinical Governance Manager
• To collect and report all audits on a monthly (or as when needed) basis, reporting results to Head Office and within the Governance reporting processes.
• To maintain the SOPS/Policies matrix ensuring all SOPS are in date, reviewed in a timely manner and available for staff use.
• To gather information needed for complaints and initiate first draft response.
• To gather information needed for incident investigations.
• To work closely with the Clinical Governance Manager to collate the data for the Governance reports.
• To run reports from MAXIMs to ensure accurate recording of clinical outcomes and to support validation of these with the Clinical Governance Manager on a daily basis
• To keep an up to date database of supportive information/evidence for Governance reports
• To support the Clinical Governance Manager in the preparation of the monthly governance presentation with the producing of graphs and trend analysis reports.
• To work with IT systems including Datix, Maxims, LMS and Audit database.
• Along with the Clinical Governance Manager, to provide support for staff to ensure the effective maintenance of clinical governance principles across both sites.
• Actively seek to increase awareness of clinical governance in all disciplines of staff, including being a clinical role model, supporting, training and communicating inter-departmentally.
Infection Prevention & Control
• To act as Infection Prevention and Control Lead for Emersons Green & Devizes, ensuring that the cleanliness and hygiene of the sites are maintained, adhering to Infection Control and Health and Safety policies and procedures.
• To represent EG/DV on the Care UK Infection Prevention and Control Forum
• To chair the local Infection Prevention and Control (IPAC) Forum
• To develope & manage IPAC Links
• To ensure the timely collection, collation and communication of statistical monthly data for discussion at forums such as regional IPAC, Clinical Governance, HODs, Health and Safety
• To ensure that formal and informal auditing and reporting of environment and clinical practices is undertaken and acted upon – including PLACE, National Standards for Cleanliness, Health and Social Care Act 2008 standards and mandatory surveillance data
• Through the incident reporting and infection control management framework, to identify, risk assess and ensure appropriate action is taken to deliver best practice outcomes in reducing the risk of infection
• To ensure early systems of alert of patient risk or exposure to infection through formal surveillance and reporting to the PHE and the implementation of early coordination, investigation and control measures including outbreak response as required.
Skills & Experience
• Excellent telephone technique
• Excellent analytical, decision making and problem solving skills.
• Ability to communicate improvement change.
• Ability to deal with difficult situations in a calm manner
• Good Keyboard/computer skills
• Conversant with Microsoft Office packages
• Good skills using Patient Administration System (PAS) or equivalent systems
• Attention to detail
• Ability to work flexibly within the needs of the service
• Evidence of ability to work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team
• Able to use initiative and plan workload
• Good time managament
• Organisational skills
• Working within a busy office environment
• Recent experience working within the treatment centre environment and knowledge of referral pathway
• Relevant administrative experience in Healthcare or Service Sector
• Experienced team worker
• Experience of dealing with the public in person and by phone
• NMC Clinical Qualification
• Knowledge of the aspects of clinical governance.
• Knowledge of the aspects of IPCC
• Experience in clinical governance working
If you are shortlisted for interview, you will be contacted by the Internal Recruiter for the role who will arrange a mutually agreeable time for you to attend for an interview. If you have any questions regarding the role please contact email@example.com or call 01189 521 951.
Please note Care UK retain the right to remove the advert prior to the closing date if a suitable candidate is appointed. Offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory pre-employment checks. At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities. Applicants must have the right to work in the EU.