About the Service
Care UK currently delivers a Musculoskeletal Integrated Care Service (MusIC) across the Buckinghamshire region and as part of the service we also provide an efficient, high-quality Diagnostic facility at our centre in High Wycombe.
The Diagnostic Centre is run on behalf of the NHS to provide fast and convenient access to diagnostic imaging procedures for people in Buckinghamshire and the surrounding areas. We have 6 state-of-the-art ultrasound machines which allow us to increase the quality of our imaging and efficiency of patient care.
We are a friendly and supportive team, currently consisting of 5 radiographers and 6 sonographers. Due to an influx of patient-referrals, we are now looking to welcome a new Sonographer to the team on a full or part-time basis. We are also happy to consider applicants who wish to work on a bank basis.
The Centre is open from 7.45am – 7pm Monday – Thursday, 7.45am – 5pm on Friday and from 9am – 5pm on Saturday to allow patients the flexibility of being treated when it suits them.
About the Job
As a Sonographer working for the High Wycombe Diagnostic Centre, you’ll provide a wide range of ultrasonography examinations including general abdominal, gynaecological, and musculoskeletal.
You’ll work alongside other Radiographers and Sonographers, as well as our team of Physiotherapists and APP’s who all share the same passion of delivering excellent patient care.
Although we’re open 6 days a week, we can offer flexible working with shift patterns to suit your personal needs – our evening and weekend shifts aren’t compulsory but are available should this suit your needs.
What can we offer you?
• A competitive annual salary/hourly rates of pay
• Company pension
• Indemnity cover
• 25 days annual leave + bank holidays (pro-rata for part-time)
• Varied, interesting and challenging work
• Cycle to work scheme
• Online discounts
How will we support you?
We want our team to continue to learn, improve and adapt their skills to keep up to date with the developments within the medical world. In order to help facilitate this learning, we can offer you;
• Regular internal CPD clinical meetings
• Potential for funding for external courses
• Training for MSK Sonography, should you wish to learn this
• Access to our bespoke and comprehensive e-learning system
Networking opportunities with clinicians in other clinical settings
• Regional and national career development opportunities
What we'll need from you
• Hold a DMU or PgDip in Medical Ultrasound or equivalent
• A PgC in General or Gynaecology as a minimum (MSK experience is advantageous)
• HCPC registered
• Be able to work autonomously to assess, scan and report your own ultrasound caseload whilst maintaining accurate patient records
For further information on Bucks MusIC, please visit: http://www.buckinghamshire-music.nhs.uk
If you would like to talk to one of our friendly recruiters for further information or for a full, comprehensive job description, please contact Ben Averill, email@example.com / 07435 974918
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a DBS check.
Care UK is committed to creating a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.