We have an exciting new opportunity for an experienced Radiographer to join our multidisciplinary team at Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre in Bristol. This is a fixed term contract for 9 months working 15 hours per week over 2 days.
At Emersons Green, we only treat NHS patients and we’re focused on providing the best possible, personalised care to the people of Bristol, Bath, North and North East Somerset, and South Gloucestershire.
Bristol has been named the best place to live in Britain in 2017 by the Sunday Times best places to live guide. In 2015 it was the European Green Capital and in 2017 Rough Guide included it in one of the top 10 cities to visit in the world. With two railway stations you can easily reach London, Swansea and Cardiff as well as taking advantage of services to Birmingham and the North East. You also benefit from being close to the M4 as well as Bristol Airport.
First opened in 2009, Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre was awarded ‘Good’ in its last CQC Inspection in July 2016. The site offers state of the art operating facilities with care provided by highly trained clinical professionals who are able to take advantage of some of the best training and development opportunities in healthcare.
In this role you will be expected to produce a high standard of professional radiographic practice at all times. You will work both autonomously and as part of a multi-disciplinary team, managing examination workload effectively and producing a consistently high quality and safe level of care for all patients.
Key duties will include:
• Undertaking a broad range of radiographic techniques and being flexible in adapting to the requirements of all patients and examination scenarios.
• Confirming that patient demographical data provided is accurate and entered correctly on all radiology IT systems
• Demonstrate an ability to safely use conventional x-ray systems using computed radiography or direct digital radiography using a medical radiation dose which is as low as reasonably practicable (ALARP)
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role you will have:
• Recent post graduate general radiography experience
• MRI experience
• Experience within the acute hospital sector
• BSc in Radiography or equivalent qualification
• HCPC registered
• Experience in general radiography, theatre radiography, fluoroscopy and good knowledge of cross-sectional imaging
Please note that this is a fixed term contract for 9 months working 15 hours per week over 2 days.
At Emersons Green, we offer day case and in-patient surgery across the following areas: dental surgery, ear, nose and throat procedures, endoscopy, general surgery, gynaecology, minor orthopaedic surgery, diagnostic imaging, pain management, ophthalmology, and urology. In addition we also provide diagnostic services, using the latest X-ray and ultrasound technology.
For more information about Emersons Green, please visit http://www.emersonsgreentreatmentcentre.nhs.uk/.
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a DBS check.
At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities.