We are currently sourcing for a Radiographer to join our Peninsula NHS Treatment Centre. The Radiology Department is one of the more challenging but most rewarding places to work. We firmly believe that every one of us makes a difference and the work we do directly affects the patient’s experience.
The post holder will work closely with the Department Manager and other Radiology Department staff, as part of an integrated team to ensure the delivery of clinically safe, high quality services to patients and users of the service. You will undertake all radiographic duties efficiently and to a high standard, and to adhere to and work within the professional codes of conduct for Radiographers.
Care UK Treatment Centres are patient focused and work closely with local CCGs and NHS Trusts to reduce waiting times. Several of our Treatment Centres are rated Outstanding by CQC. Our unfaltering dedication to quality is something we are very proud of; we constantly strive to do things better for our patients. This ethos has led to innovative, evidence based developments to our procedures and ongoing improvements to the patient experience.
Shift Pattern - Full Time, 37.5 hours a week
In return for your hard work you will receive…
• A competitive package including a salary of up to £29,500 per annum dependent on experience
• Contributory pension scheme
• 25 days annual leave per annum plus Bank Holidays
• CPD and revalidation support
• Clinical Development and Training Opportunities. We could even give you the opportunity to develop into a specialist role of your interest
• Care UK Perks including Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme and retail discounts
• To undertake all radiographic duties efficiently and to a high standard, and to adhere to and work within the professional codes of conduct for Radiographers
• To be conversant with all routine procedures in general x-ray imaging, mobile and theatre radiography and to have a good understanding of the rules/regulations around booking and safety requirements for MRI scans
• To maintain patients record for all examinations as per department protocol
• To check patient identification and documentation, and assure appropriate radiographic examinations are carried out in accordance with departmental protocols and clinical requests
• To report and record all equipment faults
• To ensure communication with other members of the multidisciplinary team to ensure the smooth running of the department
• To maintain an up-to-date knowledge of relevant Radiographic disciplines
• To take personal responsibility for the quality of his/her professional imaging duties
• To maintain patient confidentiality at all times
• To understand the obligation to maintain fitness to practice
• To be able to use research, reasoning and problem solving skills in delivery of the service
• To be able to draw on appropriate knowledge and skills in order to make professional judgements
• To be able to audit, reflect on and review practice.
Skills & Experience
• Significant post graduate general Radiography experience.
• Experience within the acute hospital sector
• BSc in Radiology
• Registration with the HCPC
If you are shortlisted for interview, you will be contacted by the Internal Recruiter for the role who will arrange a mutually agreeable time for you to attend for an interview. If you have any questions regarding the role please contact email@example.com or call 01189 521 951.
Please note Care UK retain the right to remove the advert prior to the closing date if a suitable candidate is appointed. Offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory pre-employment checks. At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities. Applicants must have the right to work in the EU.