About the Job
Are you a Dental Nurse looking for career progression? Do you have the desire to make a difference to patients? If so, look no further, as we could have the job for you.
Care UK has been awarded a new contract for the delivery of Integrated Urgent Care (IUC) services across Surrey. The IUC services combine NHS 111, a Clinical Assessment Service (CAS) and an Out of Hours (OOH) service. This means that we will be utilising GPs and specialist clinicians to deliver the best possible urgent care services 24/7, 365 days per year, to over 1 million patients in the region.
You will be working within a Multi-Disciplinary Team in the CAS which consists of GPs/ANPs, Registered Nurses, UCPs, Mental Health and Dental Nurses and Prescribing Pharmacists and Pharmacy Advisors.
The job will be based at our CAS service in Dorking.
Within this job, you’ll be responsible for:
• Line managing the Dental Nurses at the CAS, giving advice and support when needed.
• Ensuring staff are recruited with appropriate skillsets and to participate in inducting new staff
• Coordinating an effective and efficient audit process in order to monitor and evaluate standards of client care.
• Identifying and dealing with cases of poor clinical performance
About Care UK
Care UK was founded in 1982. Today our healthcare services include treatment centres, prison health services, GP practices, NHS walk-in centres, GP out-of-hours and CATS and diagnostic facilities. This means that we provide a greater range of specialist care services than any other organisation in the UK.
Care UK is the largest independent provider of urgent care services in England incorporating OOH's, single point of access and referral management. We deliver excellent, high value patient care on behalf of the NHS for over eight million patients across England.
We work with the NHS to deliver high quality healthcare services, reducing waiting times and giving the patient a greater level of choice. We also take healthcare services closer to where people live and work – increasing the efficiency and quality of the services we deliver and helping to reduce waiting times.
For more information, please visit our website: http://careukhealthcare.com
• Hold a National Diploma/Diploma in Dental Nursing Level 3 or equivalent
• Be registered with the GDC
• Have previous experience of supervising staff in a clinical and non-clinical aspect.
• Have an excellent understanding of the telephone advice triage service.
• Be an effective communicator, including listening and interpersonal skills.
• Experience of conducting audits and providing audit feedback to drive performance
• Experience of telephone triage/advice
• Experience of patient contact services and/or primary care nursing
Salary & Benefits
This is a permanent job that is 18.75 hours per week on a rota basis – 15 hours of this will be management and 3.75 hours will be clinical. However if you wish for full time additional clinical shifts can be taken!
As we are open 24/7, we’re looking for someone who is flexible to work days, evenings, nights and weekends.
We can offer you:
• £12.50 per hour
• Indemnity Cover
• 25 days annual leave + 8 public holidays (pro rata)
• Company pension scheme
• Regional/national opportunities
• Free online and face-to-face training
• Cycle to work scheme
• Online discounts
Once you have pressed apply to this job, you will be contacted by a recruiter by phone or email.
If you have been shortlisted, the recruiter will submit your CV to the hiring manager who will in turn arrange an interview with you if they feel that you are suitable for the job.
If you would like more information about the job or if you would like to view the Job Description, please contact Lucy Brown - email@example.com / 07811 531508
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a DBS check.
Please also note that Care UK will be providing the IUC service in Surrey as of April 2019. We are recruiting in advance in order to ensure the launch of the service is safe and effective from the start date.
Care UK is committed to creating a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We reserve the right to close the advert early should we receive a suitable number of applications