An opportunity has arisen for a Bank Sonographer to join our dedicated and professional multi-disciplinary team at St Mary’s NHS Treatment Centre and Havant NHS Diagnostic Centre. Our Centre’s are run on behalf of the NHS to provide fast and convenient access to high quality diagnostic imaging procedures for people in Portsmouth and surrounding areas.
We are a friendly supportive team which currently consists of twelve radiographers and four sonographers.
We actively promote CPD with regular internal CPD clinical forums and funding is available for external courses. We want our team to continue to learn, improve and adapt their skills to keep up to date with the developments within the medical world.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Lead Sonographer and the Diagnostic Manager to provide a wide range of ultrasonography examinations including gynaecological, abdominal and small parts. Experience of clinically justifying ultrasound referrals and being able to react and adapt to the demands of the service is essential. To be successful you’ll be required to be able to demonstrate a high level of competency, exemplary patient care and a warm, approachable manner. You will also need a degree of flexibility and the ability to work, without supervision, under pressure.
Skills Knowledge & Experience:
• Broad range of ultrasonography competencies matched to the job description
• Experience of autonomous practice and independent reporting is essential
• To be competent to assess, scan, diagnose and report your own ultrasound caseload maintaining accurate patient records at all times
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with colleagues and all other partners
• An ability to cope in a fast-paced working environment whilst producing high quality images and succinct and accurate reporting of all examinations
• To show high levels of self-motivation and be capable of using your own initiative.
• To show an understanding of Clinical Governance and the importance
•DMU or PgDip in Medical Ultrasound (ideally from a CASE accredited institution) or equivalent.
•Sonographer’s with only a PgC in (general) Ultrasound will be considered
•Evidence of Post Graduate education/CPD Scope of Role:
This role would particularly suit an experienced and senior sonographer
For more information about St Mary's Treatment Centre please visit http://www.stmarystreatmentcentre.nhs.uk/
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a DBS check.
At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities.
Applicants must have the right to work in the EU.