Barlborough NHS Treatment Center in Chesterfield are currently looking for a experienced, confident and fully competent HPC registered Diagnostic Radiographers who are capable of delivering a high quality, diagnostic service to NHS patients from the local geographical areas of Derbyshire and Lincolnshire. The Radiographer role is seeking flexible, multi-skilled Radiographers who are capable of undertaking a range of general radiography, theatre, Mobiles and also MRI. The service requirements are based upon a flexible, highly skilled Radiography team delivering service to patient’s closer to their homes and work within community based sites.
The Treatment Centre based in Chesterfield is a clean, comfortable and modern hospital passionate about creating an exceptional experience for all NHS patients, and is dedicated to delivering the highest standards of quality and safety.
In return for your hard work you will receive…
• A competitive package including an salary of £25 per hour dependent on experience, contributory pension scheme, 25 days annual leave per annum plus Bank Holidays
• CPD and revalidation support
• Clinical Development and Training Opportunities. We could even give you the opportunity to develop into a specialist role of your interest
• Care UK Perks including Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme and retail discounts
• The Radiographer delivers high quality, patient focussed care which includes; assessment, planning, delivery and evaluation of care in line with Care UK’s model of care.
• Work both autonomously and as part of a multi-disciplinary team, managing examination workload effectively and producing a consistently high quality and safe level of care for all patients.
• Clinically justify X-ray and MRI referrals using referral acceptance criteria defined within the
Care UK referral and scanning protocols.
• To demonstrate an understand of the principles of Radiation Protection within clinical practice including being responsible for ensuring that the IRMER & IRR Regulations are fully implemented within the service and that safe use of ionising radiation is always achieved.
• To demonstrate a broad understanding of MR safety and the contraindications which are important to exclude in all patients referred for MRI examinations.
• Must be capable of prioritising a number of complex activities at any one time to react to the demands of the service and be able to adjust workload to accommodate urgent referrals or equipment breakdown.
• Must be capable of managing work load effectively to ensure the timely completion of examinations.
Skills & Experience
• Broad Experience of Radiographic Practice in X-ray, Theatre/Mobiles and MRI
• Competency in autonomous radiographic practice
• Ability to provide specialist radiographic views upon request by specialists
• Understanding of Risk Management, Clinical Governance, and maintaining a safe working environment.
• Evidence of CPD and participation in clinical audit
• Sound knowledge of current issues in Radiography
• Good confident decision maker
• BSc in Radiography or equivalent qualification
• Registered with the HPC
If you are shortlisted for interview, you will be contacted by the Internal Recruiter for the role who will arrange a mutually agreeable time for you to attend for an interview. If you have any questions regarding the role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01189 521 951.
Please note Care UK retain the right to remove the advert prior to the closing date if a suitable candidate is appointed. Offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory pre-employment checks. At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities. Applicants must have the right to work in the EU.