Barlborough NHS Treatment Center in Chesterfield are currently looking for a experienced, confident and fully competent HPC registered Diagnostic Radiographers who are capable of delivering a high quality, diagnostic service to NHS patients from the local geographical areas of Derbyshire and Lincolnshire. The Radiographer role is seeking flexible, multi-skilled Radiographers who are capable of undertaking a range of general radiography, theatre, Mobiles and also MRI. The service requirements are based upon a flexible, highly skilled Radiography team delivering service to patient’s closer to their homes and work within community based sites.
The Treatment Centre based in Chesterfield is a clean, comfortable and modern hospital passionate about creating an exceptional experience for all NHS patients, and is dedicated to delivering the highest standards of quality and safety.
• The Radiographer delivers high quality, patient focussed care which includes; assessment, planning, delivery and evaluation of care in line with Care UK’s model of care.
• Work both autonomously and as part of a multi-disciplinary team, managing examination workload effectively and producing a consistently high quality and safe level of care for all patients.
• Clinically justify X-ray and MRI referrals using referral acceptance criteria defined within the
Care UK referral and scanning protocols.
• To demonstrate an understand of the principles of Radiation Protection within clinical practice including being responsible for ensuring that the IRMER & IRR Regulations are fully implemented within the service and that safe use of ionising radiation is always achieved.
• To demonstrate a broad understanding of MR safety and the contraindications which are important to exclude in all patients referred for MRI examinations.
• Must be capable of prioritising a number of complex activities at any one time to react to the demands of the service and be able to adjust workload to accommodate urgent referrals or equipment breakdown.
• Must be capable of managing work load effectively to ensure the timely completion of examinations.
Skills & Experience
• Broad Experience of Radiographic Practice in X-ray, Theatre/Mobiles and MRI
• Competency in autonomous radiographic practice
• Ability to provide specialist radiographic views upon request by specialists
• Understanding of Risk Management, Clinical Governance, and maintaining a safe working environment.
• Evidence of CPD and participation in clinical audit
• Sound knowledge of current issues in Radiography
• Good confident decision maker
• BSc in Radiography or equivalent qualification
• Registered with the HPC
For more information please visit http://www.barlboroughtreatmentcentre.nhs.uk/
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a DBS check.
At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities.