We are currently sourcing for a Healthcare Assistant to join us. Our Day Surgery & Endoscopy Department is one of the more challenging but most rewarding places to work. We firmly believe that every one of us makes a difference and the work we do directly affects the patient’s experience.
The post holder will provide a patient focused clinical and administration role supporting the clinical team within each unit under the direction of a professionally qualified member of the multi-disciplinary team for the duration of each shift.
Care UK Treatment Centres are patient focused and work closely with local CCGs and NHS Trusts to reduce waiting times. Several of our Treatment Centres are rated Outstanding by CQC. Our unfaltering dedication to quality is something we are very proud of; we constantly strive to do things better for our patients. This ethos has led to innovative, evidence based developments to our procedures and ongoing improvements to the patient experience.
Shift Pattern - 37.5 hours a week
In return for your hard work you will receive…
• A competitive package including a salary of £17,000 per annum dependent on experience, contributory pension scheme, 25 days annual leave per annum plus Bank Holidays
• CPD and revalidation support
• Clinical Development and Training Opportunities. We could even give you the opportunity to develop into a specialist role of your interest
• Care UK Perks including Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme and retail discounts
Day Surgery and Endoscopy Manager
• To work with other members of the multi-disciplinary team to provide a safe and supportive environment for patients and staff.
• To welcome patients to the unit, complete all relevant admission processes and prepare the patient for their surgery/procedure.
• Demonstrates that he/she consults and involves patients in decisions about their care and well-being. Demonstrates understanding of fundamental legal practices related to consent and the prevention of abuse
• Assist the registered nurse with monitoring the patients’ vital signs, understanding and identifying deviations from the norm and reporting these deviations to the registered nurse responsible for the patients care.
• Assist the registered nurse in planning the care needs of the patient.
• Is able to implement holistic, culturally sensitive, respectful, non-judgemental fundamental care from a pre-determined care plan for patients
• To report any changes in patient condition, immediately to the nurse in charge/ shift leader.
• Contribute to accurate written and computerised documentation relevant to patient care ensuring confidentiality of patient information at all times e.g. admission documentation, risk assessments, recording of height and weight.
• To support/assist other clinical/non clinical areas when requested.
• To participate in the management of infection control within the hospital.
• Venepuncture and cannulation activities
Skills & Experience
• Experience of working within the Healthcare sector
• Experienced team worker.
• Experience of dealing with the public.
• Ability to plan, allocate and evaluate own work and develop self to enhance performance
• Computer literate
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills
• Analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to deal with difficult situations in a calm manner.
• Good keyboard and computer skills.
• Numerate and literate
• Ability to work flexibly within the needs of the hospital.
• Ability to work collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team.
• Basic life support skills
• Understanding of governance, audit process, Caldicott, Data protection confidentiality.
• NVQ level 1 & 2
• Good general education.
• Good spoken and written English.
If you are shortlisted for interview, you will be contacted by the Internal Recruiter for the role who will arrange a mutually agreeable time for you to attend for an interview. If you have any questions regarding the role please contact email@example.com or call 01189 521 951.
Please note Care UK retain the right to remove the advert prior to the closing date if a suitable candidate is appointed. Offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory pre-employment checks. At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities. Applicants must have the right to work in the EU.