Care UK are seeking a Specilaist Registered Consultant Urologist to join them on a Self Employed basis at North East London NHS Treatment Centre in Ilford.
At the forefront of delivering high quality healthcare within the local communities our treatment centres have a truly impressive track record in patient experience and clinical success which sets us apart from other privately run facilities in the region. You’ll find we use the latest technology, our facilities are clean, bright and modern, and our care teams experienced and friendly.
As a Care UK Consultant Urologist you will have access to great facilities in a well-structured and relaxed environment with a competitive base rate.
• To provide a high standard and full range of specialist diagnosis, treatment and care to patients who need urology services, as required by the case mix agreed for NELTC. This will involve predominantly day-care surgery but may involve patients requiring in-patient stays.
• To provide advice and assessment of patients as requested by the RMOs during routine working hours. The post holder will be responsible for liaising with senior colleagues in the neighbouring NHS Trust to effect seamless transfer of acutely ill patients who require transfer across to an acute NHS centre.
• To participate in the Centre's audit programme.
• To contribute to the development of Clinical Quality Standards.
• To undertake all necessary administrative duties associated with the care of his/her patients, including but not limited to clinical coding, discharge summaries, letters and reports.
• To be responsible to the Hospital Medical Director for the effective and efficient use of the resources under his/her control and for the quality of care delivered.
• To contribute to the planning and development of urology services.
Skills & Experience
• Broad general experience of urology with a demonstrable expertise in endoscopic techniques
• Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team.
• Able to conduct a clinical audit.
• Qualified urological surgeon on the Specialist Register of the GMC (FRCS or equivalent)
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory pre-employment checks.
At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities.
Applicants must have the right to work in the EU.