A new opportunity has arisen for a Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon to join a dedicated and professional Multi-disciplinary medical team.
The role is combined to work at our North East London Treatment Centre in Ilford, London and Will Adams Treatment Centre in Gillngham.
The role is for 40 hours a week over 4 days.
You will be a highly valued member of our team bringing your expertise and skills in a range of general ophthalmic out-patient and surgical procedures including Oculoplastics and Cataracts. As a Care UK Consultant you will have access to great facilities in a well-structured and relaxed environment.
Reporting to the Hospital Medical Director
You will perform a range of ophthalmology procedures, on patients referred to the treatment centre, working in accordance with treatment centre protocols and working practices. Duties will include:
• Preoperative intra operative and postoperative activities as well as time allocated for clinical supporting
• Participation in the outpatients prior to surgery, and in all aspects of the operative care of the patients
• Spend the equivalent of at least three days in the operating theatre and two days a week in a
combination of outpatient assessment; administrative, management and clinical governance duties
• Work closely with clinical colleagues, both specialists and RMO’s, in order to enhance the level of patient
care at the centre.
Skills & Experience
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
• Wide training and experience in general ophthalmology
• The ability to perform high volume cataract surgeries
• Able to offer expert clinical opinion on range of problems within ophthalmology
• Able to take full and independent responsibility for delivering service without direct supervision
• Experience of high volume cataract surgery under topical anaesthesia
• Innovative approach to provision of ophthalmology services with ability to embrace change to improve
the provision of care
• UK registerable Medical Degree
• Past record of academic achievement
• Full and Specialist GMC Registration in relevant speciality
We are one of the UK largest independent sector healthcare providers and work in close partnership with the NHS to deliver more than 50 services throughout the UK. We provide high quality specialist care and excellent results for more than 50,000 patients each year.
Our facilities are modern, employing the latest technology with friendly and professional staff. We have strong control processes to ensure we maintain high standards of hygiene and above all, we’re passionate about giving our patients the best possible care and helping them feel better, faster.
Salary is negotiable based upon experience.
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a DBS check.
At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities.
Applicants must have the right to work in the EU.