An opportunity has arisen for a Consultant Endoscopist to join a dedicated and professional Multi-disciplinary medical team at our St Mary's NHS Treatment Centre. You will be a highly valued member of our team bringing your expertise and skills to deliver high quality Endoscopy services. As a Care UK Consultant you will have access to great facilities in a well-structured and relaxed environment.
The modern and comfortable centre provides high quality, specialist care to the people of Portsmouth and the surrounding areas in day surgery and outpatients as well as diagnostic services.
At the forefront of high quality delivering healthcare within the local communities our treatment centres have a truly impressive track record in patient experience and clinical success which sets us apart from other privately run facilities in the region. You’ll find we use the latest technology, our facilities are clean, bright and modern, and our care teams experienced and friendly.
Reporting to the Medical Director the successful applicant will deliver high quality Endoscopy services at the Treatment Centre.
You will be required to deliver high quality upper and lower day case gastroenterology services. The work will be carried out principally under local anaesthesia with or without sedation.
• The post holder will be responsible for delivering diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy procedures to referred NHS patients.
• The post holder must comply to British Society of Gastroenterologist guidelines and will participate in the collection and submission of Global Rating Scale and patient outcome data valid towards annual revalidation of Jag accreditation.
• It is expected that the post holder will assist with all incident and complaint root cause analysis reporting to the Medical Director and the Hospital Director.
• The post holder will be for validation of discharge information and pathology results sent to the appropriate parties, i.e. GP or local MDT.
You will also need to demonstrate commitment to excellent teamwork with clinical colleagues, willingness to utilise and develop clinical care pathways in the overall management of patients and assist in improving these pathways over time, and a very positive attitude to dealing with patients.
Skills & Experience
Applicants will be required to demonstrate a high level of skill in the following areas:
- Diagnostic Oesophago-Gastro-Duodenoscopy
- Diagnostic Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
- Diagnostic Colonoscopy
- Expertise in therapeutic Colonoscopy in particular resection of colonic polyps
- Safe sedation practice
- Managing any complications of these procedures.
Competence will be judged against the current GRS standards as set out by the Joint Advisory Group (JAG).
You will be required to have a substantial independent experience of the procedures identified above. To be considered for this post you will be expected to have an excellent clinical quality record and be able to demonstrate their ability to perform efficiently in theatre.
UK registerable Medical Degree
MBChB or evidence of equivalent qualification
Past record of academic achievement
Full and Specialist GMC Registration in relevant speciality
Together with a base salary we also offer our Consultants a range of benefits including contributory pension scheme and 10 days CPD with generous financial contribution. Relocation allowances are available for qualifying candidates.
We are one of the UK largest independent sector healthcare providers and work in close partnership with the NHS to deliver more than 50 services throughout the UK. We provide high quality specialist care and excellent results for more than 50,000 patients each year.
Our facilities are modern, employing the latest technology with friendly and professional staff. We have strong control processes to ensure we maintain high standards of hygiene and above all, we’re passionate about giving our patients the best possible care and helping them feel better, faster.
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a DBS check.
At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities.
Applicants must have the right to work in the EU.