Are you passionate about helping others and do you want to make a difference to patients? Have you got a strong customer service background with an ability to work under pressure? Then look no further, as Care UK have a job for you!
Care UK are looking for an NHS 111 Health Advisor to join our busy NHS 111 call centre in Brierley Hill on a permanent part-time basis.
NHS 111 is a 24/7 service, operating 365 days a year so that patients can get help and advice any time of year. It is primarily a non-emergency service and provides advice to the most appropriate urgent care service that patients require.
Working with NHS 111 is a demanding but highly rewarding career where you’ll realise you’re making a difference to patients who use the service every day. If you’re ambitious by nature then we’ve got ample opportunity for career progression.
Want to know more? Take a look! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34UeAVgN_34
About the Job
As a 111 Health Advisor, you will be answering inbound calls from members of the public in need of medical advice. The patient may need to be given general advice, speak with a Clinical Advisor or be booked into an appointment with an available out-of-hours service.
While we are a non-urgent service, some calls can be emotional, distressing or life-threatening, and there will be times when 999 services (such as an ambulance) may need to be dispatched.
To ensure that our patients are getting the help they need, you’ll gain information from the caller to assess their situation and then use the NHS Pathways script software as well as your own communication skills to produce the best outcome for the patient. However don’t worry as you won’t need to be medically trained to do this as we offer full training with the NHS Pathways system.
The call centre in Brierley hill is open 24 hours, however we are looking for applicants who can weekends between 7am - 11pm, with various shifts available between these times.
We can offer permanent contracts between 12-24 hours per week. The minimum requirement is to work 12 hours on a weekend, however we could offer additional hours during the weekday evenings if you wanted to work up to 24 hours per week.
Pay & Benefits
• During training - £8.55 per hour
• After training (circa 12 weeks) - £8.76 - £10 per hour, depending on the shift.
• Enhanced rates (T&C’s apply) - £12 per hour (Friday 18:00-23:00, Saturday & Sunday 07:00-23:00)
In addition to the above pay rates, we also offer:
• 25 days annual leave + bank holidays (pro-rata)
• Company Pension Scheme
• 2x Life Assurance
• Eye care voucher
• Cycle to work scheme
• Care UK perks – online shopping and cinema discounts
• Annual employee recognition award ceremony
• Employee assistance programme
• Career development opportunities
• Access to our bespoke e-learning system
Training & Support
In order to use the NHS 111 Pathways system and work as a Health Advisor, you’ll need to undertake our extensive training programme which includes completing and passing assessments.
We have two options for the initial NHS Pathways training, followed by a further 8 weeks of support from our Supervisors and Clinical Advisors prior to being signed-off to work on your own.
The options are:
• Full Time – Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm (lasting for 4 weeks)
• Part Time – Tues – Thurs, 6pm – 9.30pm and Sat & Sun, 9am – 5pm (lasting for 5 weeks)
These courses are run on a monthly basis and it’s essential that you can attend every day of the training.
Although this can be a little daunting, we will provide you with a workbook prior to starting the training which will allow you get a head start in understanding what you’ll be learning in your training.
What we'll need from you
• Hold GCSE/Functional Skills English & Maths at grade C (or equivalent) or above
• Previous experience of working within a customer service or healthcare environment.
• Have excellent communication skills – including listening and telecommunication
• Have good IT and keyboard skills
• Have a passion for helping people
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a DBS check.
Care UK is committed to creating a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants must have the right to work in the EU.
Due to the nature of this role you must be over 18 to apply. However, if you are aged 16-18 years old and would like to learn more about other opportunities with Care UK, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.