We are currently sourcing for a Bank TSSU Assistant to join our Barlborough Treatment Centre. Sterile Services is one of the more challenging but most rewarding places to work. We firmly believe that every one of us makes a difference and the work we do directly affects the patient’s experience.
Care UK Treatment Centres are patient focused and work closely with local CCGs and NHS Trusts to reduce waiting times. Several of our Treatment Centres are rated Outstanding by CQC. Our unfaltering dedication to quality is something we are very proud of; we constantly strive to do things better for our patients. This ethos has led to innovative, evidence based developments to our procedures and ongoing improvements to the patient experience.
You would ensure the effective running of the Sterile Services Department to the Theatre and other Treatment Centre departments.
Salary - £9 per hour
Shift Pattern - Variable, depending on work load, annual leave and sickness.
• Undertake cleaning, inspecting, assembly, packaging, sealing, sterilising and traceabilility of instruments and equipment for supply to theatre and other treatment areas
• Operate an effective quality control system including record keeping
• Operation of washer disinfectors, ultrasonic washer, heat sealer and autoclaves
• Undertake testing up to weekly level as on site user according to HTM’s 2010 and 2030
• Maintain tracking system for sterile equipment and monitor stock levels
• Ensure stock rotation of sterile equipment and re-sterilising as it becomes out of date
• Maintain relations with instrumentation companies with consignment or loan equipment on site
• Maintain an effective loan procedure for specialized equipment required for special theatre surgical procedures
• Participate in in-house training for all Treatment Centre staff
• Liaise with Theatre Team on relevant issues
• Undertake any other duties required within the Treatment Centre
• Comply with the Company Appraisal system and attend an appraisal every year.
• Ensure updated mandatory training requirements are met
• To maintain standards of infection control within the (ward, theatre, etc.) area and during clinical care and to assist patients to maintain their own infection control needs.
Skills & Experience
• Knowledge of health safety requirements
• Good communication skills
• Ability to work without close supervision
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Ability to work under pressure
• Ability to prioritise workload
• Awareness of customer care
• Relevant standard of education
• Relevant qualification
If you are shortlisted for interview, you will be contacted by the Internal Recruiter for the role who will arrange a mutually agreeable time for you to attend for an interview. If you have any questions regarding the role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01189 521 951.
Please note Care UK retain the right to remove the advert prior to the closing date if a suitable candidate is appointed. Offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory pre-employment checks. At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities. Applicants must have the right to work in the EU.