We have a new opportunity for an experienced bank Healthcare Assistant to join our multidisciplinary team in theatre at Devizes NHS Treatment Centre.
At Devizes, we only treat NHS patients and we’re focused on providing the best possible, personalised care to the people of Devizes and the surrounding area. We believe in treating you as quickly as possible – helping you to get better, faster.
We offer day treatments across the following areas:
dental surgery, ear, nose and throat procedures, endoscopy, general surgery, gynaecology, joint replacements (outpatient assessment only), minor orthopaedic surgery, ophthalmology, and urology.
As a Healthcare Assistant working in theatre, you will provide support to the qualified staff, ensuring a safe and effective clinical service is provided to all users across the day unit. You will work as a key member of the theatre team, ensuring a patient focused service is provided.
Key duties will include:
• Providing support to medical and clinical surgical team in theatre environment
• Supporting patients undergoing local anaesthetic/sedation procedures and during induction of anaesthesia in conjunction with the qualified practitioner
• Assisting with the departmental clerical/administrative duties, to include photocopying, transporting of equipment/ paper-work to other department
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role you will have:
• Recent experience working within an acute or elective healthcare environment
• Basic life support skills
• Competency in the principles of infection control relevant to the role
• Excellent communication skills
• NVQ qualification in healthcare or recognised HCA course
• Good spoken and written English
Please note that this is a zero hour contract.
For more information please visit http://www.devizestreatmentcentre.nhs.uk/ or call Sonia Sanghvi on 0118 952 1921.
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a DBS check.
At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities.